TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2016, 10:33:14 AM
I'll have a look at that 11.22.63. Looks like it has a decent cast anyway! Also might have a look at 'The Killing'. Thing it's from Denmark or somewhere.

I've watched Stranger Things and didn't like it. The acting, music etc was brilliant but it's just not my sort of show. The monsters and underworld thing is just too far fetched for me.

Night of is brilliant, can't wait to find out what happens. Finished Last Chance U yesterday, really enjoyed it. American Footballers seem like complete pricks. The black quarter back thought he was a superstar and he was hardly getting any game time!

One show I have always sort of wanted to watch is 'The West Wing'.

Why are you watching a load of other shit when you haven't watched the West Wing??!!! It's better than them all start watching now!!

JimStynes

Quote from: Rma13 on August 10, 2016, 10:52:58 AM
I'll have a look at that 11.22.63. Looks like it has a decent cast anyway! Also might have a look at 'The Killing'. Thing it's from Denmark or somewhere.

I've watched Stranger Things and didn't like it. The acting, music etc was brilliant but it's just not my sort of show. The monsters and underworld thing is just too far fetched for me.

Night of is brilliant, can't wait to find out what happens. Finished Last Chance U yesterday, really enjoyed it. American Footballers seem like complete pricks. The black quarter back thought he was a superstar and he was hardly getting any game time!

I have watched both 11.22.63 & The Killing, wouldn't be overly enthused by either although I would say The Killing is the better of the two.  Have you already watched The Shield? I think it is definitely worth watching, also Containment is quite good although I am only at episode 5 with it.

Yeah the Shield is one of my favourite shows ever.

Screenexile has convinced me though! Going to start West Wing. Anyone ever watched 1992? Italian show.

Canalman

I have watched both 11.22.63 & The Killing, wouldn't be overly enthused by either although I would say The Killing is the better of the two.  Have you already watched The Shield? I think it is definitely worth watching, also Containment is quite good although I am only at episode 5 with it.

Wouldn't be too fussed about the Killing also. Far too long  with imo 10 episodes of faff and filler in it.

Thought 11.22.63 could have been better also. Great idea for a tv show but for me just didn't nail it. Imo of course.

Rma13

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2016, 11:28:42 AM

Yeah the Shield is one of my favourite shows ever.

Screenexile has convinced me though! Going to start West Wing. Anyone ever watched 1992? Italian show.

After the West Wing, just in case you haven't already viewed these, Banshee,Ray Donovan & 19-2 would be worth a watch.

Tony Baloney

Like the other lads I don't think 11.22.63 got anywhere near to matching its promise. It's just a bit too light and soapy with various love angles etc. If it was a bit harder-nosed it could have been very good. On a similar premise I see there is a Quantum Leap movie on the go - Ziggy will be VERY pleased!

The Gs Man

JimStynes, any wonder you don't play football anymore.  All you do is watch TV by the sounds of it.
Keep 'er lit

JimStynes

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 10, 2016, 02:51:37 PM
JimStynes, any wonder you don't play football anymore.  All you do is watch TV by the sounds of it.

Aff all summer, using my time off wisely!

Main Street

Quote from: Canalman on August 10, 2016, 12:42:57 PM

Wouldn't be too fussed about the Killing also. Far too long  with imo 10 episodes of faff and filler in it.

Thought 11.22.63 could have been better also. Great idea for a tv show but for me just didn't nail it. Imo of course.
i liked The Killing,  a quality series.
Of the current bunch, The Night Of  is heads and shoulders  above the rest. I should have waited until it was finished and then download the lot in one go, I don't take to the 7 days wait bit.

The Preacher showed great promise for episodes one and two, then the script and plot went to the dogs with a bullet.

Canalman

Quantum Leap was brilliant back in the day. Hope the movie does it justice.

Gabriel_Hurl

Outcast is pretty good - Season 1 finishes up here at the weekend. It's a supernatural horror story that features people involved in demonic possession.

Based on the comics created by Walking Dead guy Robert Kirkman. It airs on Cinemax/HBO over here.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjdlj5wo4VM

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on August 11, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

The first show I can remember watching, along with Macgyver.  I was only 8 or 9 so a lot of it is hazy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

There's a remake of Mcgyver about to be released soon.
Mcgyver and The A Team were my favourites growing up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bennydorano

Quote from: Canalman on August 11, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
Hadn't heard that, good news, was a big fan. It's that sort of an interesting concept it could make a really good movie.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2016, 04:36:39 PM
There's a remake of Mcgyver about to be released soon.

And a TV version of Lethal Weapon

JimStynes

The Night of shaping up rightly. Hard to tell if he killed her or not.