TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Can't get into Fargo and Bloodline. A bit crap.

lurganblue

I'm well behind the times on this one but started watching Suits last night.  Loved it.  Managed to watch 5 episodes last night (a night off fromt he euros will do no harm)

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on June 19, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
Fargo Season 2 or 1? I've just started Season 2 and I think it's very good. Probably not as good as season 1 yet but I'm only 3 episodes in.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2016, 12:44:51 PM
Fargo Season 2 or 1? I've just started Season 2 and I think it's very good. Probably not as good as season 1 yet but I'm only 3 episodes in.

Season 1. I find myself getting annoyed by some of the characters. Might give it a go when I'm off over the summer   8)

Longshanks

Quote from: laoislad on June 20, 2016, 12:44:51 PM

Season two is much much better imo, just give it time and allow characters to develop especially when Mike gets involved.
Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are great in it!!

vertigonights

I watched first 3 episodes when c4 had it and then quit, then started it again on Netflix. I found it really good. Martin Freeman is excellent in it.

omagh_gael

Battle of the Bastards episode of GoT tonight was absolutely epic. Last week's episode was a bit of a let down, particularly Arya's storyline, however, the battle in Mereen and Winterfell blew me away. Great TV.

vertigonights

What an episode is right!, Ramsey was brilliant in it as well. The battle was so intense!

Under Lights

Fantastic episode.  :-\ END OF POST

Never beat the deeler

Lads, seriously, please don't use this thread for spoilers. I have seen the episode in question, but if I hadn't, I'd be seriously pissed off if I came in here and read about it.

Create a Game of Thrones thread with Spoilers in the title
Hasta la victoria siempre

Under Lights

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on June 21, 2016, 10:39:40 AM
Lads, seriously, please don't use this thread for spoilers. I have seen the episode in question, but if I hadn't, I'd be seriously pissed off if I came in here and read about it.

Create a Game of Thrones thread with Spoilers in the title

Fair point.

Part of me wants to go on a rant that anything after real time viewing shouldn't count as spoiler territory as otherwise what is the point of a TV show thread but to discuss a TV show. I will restrain. Social media applies this rule also- Joe.ie will get all their GOT things online this morning.

Edited my above post.

lurganblue

Vinyl series 2 cancelled then.  A shame. I enjoyed it and will def miss olivia wilde  :'(

Ray Donovan season 4 has returned though so that will keep me going for another while yet with the old TV

JoG2

The Disappearance on BBC4 / iPlayer. French thriller about a missing teenager. Decent show

Harold Disgracey

Watched the first two episodes of Preacher, darkly comic and I'm impressed so far.

JimStynes

Finished season 1 of Billions. Decent enough show.