TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 24, 2016, 12:48:50 AM
I must be the only person in the world not to have watched Stars Wars, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and all that Hobbit shite.
No, you're not on your own. I haven't watched any of the above also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Gold on May 23, 2016, 11:46:39 PM
GOT is going well

Thoughts on this series? ?

Please start a GoT thread if you want to discuss the series. Many people haven't seen it yet and don't want to come across spoilers when looking for TV show recommendations
Hasta la victoria siempre

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 24, 2016, 07:36:55 AM
Quote from: Gold on May 23, 2016, 11:46:39 PM
GOT is going well

Thoughts on this series? ?

Please start a GoT thread if you want to discuss the series. Many people haven't seen it yet and don't want to come across spoilers when looking for TV show recommendations
Round of applause for this man. It's a TV show recommendations thread, we are now well aware that GoT comes highly recommended so yis can f**k away off now.

JimStynes

Binged watched Gomorrah season 1 there. Unreal. Up there with The Shield and The Wire. Anyone ever watch Corleone?

BennyHarp

All eight episodes of the final series of Banshee available on demand on Sky.
That was never a square ball!!

The Iceman

looks like Peaky Blinders Season 3 out at the end of May!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on May 24, 2016, 10:56:17 PM
looks like Peaky Blinders Season 3 out at the end of May!!!

MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Quote from: JimStynes on May 24, 2016, 09:07:34 PM
Binged watched Gomorrah season 1 there. Unreal. Up there with The Shield and The Wire. Anyone ever watch Corleone?
Downloaded it, watched a few and gave up on it. It's got such a cheap feel to the production values.

Gomorrah is just superb.

gallsman

Peaky Blinders is already out?! Been on the iPlayer for a couple of weeks.

oakleafer

Horace and Pete. Might not be for everyone, but I really enjoyed it.

It's Louis CK latest offering, available only via his website for $3 per episode (of which there are 10). With each episode, it's like being in the audience of a short play. It has funny moments, but definitely not a comedy. I loved it.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on May 25, 2016, 06:31:42 AM
Peaky Blinders is already out?! Been on the iPlayer for a couple of weeks.
series 3 on netflix end of may in USA...may have been released previously in UK and Ireland...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JimStynes

fully up to date with Gomorrah now. Season 2 Episode 6. Does anyone know what day it is on over in Italy? Just so I know when to go and download the next one. It is some show. As good as I have seen in a long time. Season 2 is definitely slower in terms of the amount of people getting bumped off but it is equally as good as the first season I reckon.

I need another show to watch now in the mean time!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2016, 12:20:00 PM
fully up to date with Gomorrah now. Season 2 Episode 6. Does anyone know what day it is on over in Italy? Just so I know when to go and download the next one. It is some show. As good as I have seen in a long time. Season 2 is definitely slower in terms of the amount of people getting bumped off but it is equally as good as the first season I reckon.

Just started Series 2 of Bloodline on Netflix, it has picked up where it left off. Excellent stuff
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JimStynes

Starting that one tomorrow night after I finish watching 'Power' tonight. It's a good show as well.

charlieTully

Quote from: JimStynes on May 28, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

Have you tried the knick. I'm only in a couple of episodes but looking very promising.