TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Dunno why the family are trying to get it pulled when the book had already been published. It's just a creepy, creepy story in general and a real tragedy also

screenexile

That's what grates me about these "This is a true story" programmes. . . the main events are true but everything around them including the conversations are all fabricated!!! For example one of the children has come out to say their Mother was portrayed as some pushover who fell to despair after her Father died and slept on the couch taking pills and wine when that was not the case.

It's very well don and creepy in the extreme but I think it is in bad taste when so many of the family are at such a young age to be affected by it!

Milltown Row2

Look to make it a drama there will be parts of it that aren't actually the way it happens but it wouldn't be good tv.... One thing is for sure, they killed and got away with it... Its not great acting to be fair but feck!! If you didn't know about the story you'd not believe it!! Madness how they got away with it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

It's a story that needs told. Even to highlight the Inadequacies of the police and blindness of their church. Of course theres going to be a bit of poetic license, it's TV.

blewuporstuffed

New series of bloodline back next friday on netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBrUPASutc

really looking forward to it, the firsts series was excellent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

Anybody watch Gomorrah? Advertisements for it during GoT have caught my eye, might give it a go.

Rma13

Quote from: smort on May 20, 2016, 09:14:46 AM
Anybody watch Gomorrah? Advertisements for it during GoT have caught my eye, might give it a go.

Yes I am watching Gomorrah.  The first series was excellent.  I am enjoying the 2nd series but finding it a bit slower in terms of storyline, I would still recommend watching it though.

gallsman

Game of Thrones next episode linked online. Anyone wants link, drop me a PM. Derry people may as well put the next 50 minutes to better use...

Man Marker

Watched the series FiVe the past while with the conclusion last week, thought it was excellent.

leenie

Seen the first episode of Preacher .. I reckon it's going to be v good . Ur man Joseph gilgun from misfits/ this is England is in it as an Irish vagabond named Cassidy, I've been an admirer of him and  his Irish accent is good ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

leenie

Quote from: leenie on May 18, 2016, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2016, 04:23:02 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 17, 2016, 03:40:59 PM
Game of thrones building up nicely.  Some nice "scenery" towards the end of that episode.  Both GOT and the walking dead are the hardest to avoid spoilers of if you fall behind.  Social media etc is plastered with coverage.

True, but folks like Tony B who are watching the first season five years after it aired can't really complain if they come across any major spoilers. Like the ep where Bran grows wings to replace his broken legs.

;D
You know that place you can't stay to long .. I hope he does .. He annoys me

FFS BRAN ...
#ididntmeanit
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Rois

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 20, 2016, 09:01:35 AM
New series of bloodline back next friday on netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBrUPASutc

really looking forward to it, the firsts series was excellent
Just starting to watch this now - on episode 2. Good so far.

Gold

GOT is going well

Thoughts on this series? ?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

5 Sams

I must be the only person in the world not to have watched Stars Wars, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and all that Hobbit shite.
The Aristocrat Years

Jell 0 Biafra

Well...I saw the very first Star Wars movie when I was 7 or 8, and didn't like it.   Haven't seen any of the other stuff you mention, so you're not exactly alone.