TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

New series of Peaky Blinders starts tonight.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 05, 2016, 01:59:42 AM
Silicon Valley S3 has just started.

One of the best comedies out there.

Very funny - anyone who works in an IT Corporate World should watch this.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Gomorrah Series 2 starts on Sky Atlantic Wed 11th May.

Anyone after a project should check out S1. My fav show of the past year or two.

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on May 05, 2016, 01:06:57 PM
Gomorrah Series 2 starts on Skt Atlantic Wed 11th May.

Anyone after a project should check out S1. My fav show of the past year or two.

I recently read the book that the show is based on and enjoyed it. Must get round to watching it.  I wouldnt be one for subtitles but i suppose you get used to them.

Rma13

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 05, 2016, 12:56:04 AM
Anybody seen the Americans? Have had a look back a few pages and no mention of it

A few people on Facebook recommending it recently.

I watched the first series & about half of the 2nd series although I still have the remaining episodes recorded, whether I ever watch them though is another matter.  I got a bit bored of it to be honest.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd series of Gomorrah, loved the first series & would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. 

JimStynes

Finished all of Line of Duty last night. Great show. Blasted it out in less than a week. Going to try Gomorrah soon but have a shit load of school work to do so I need something I can watch in the background while doing work.

charlieTully

Quote from: bennydorano on May 05, 2016, 01:06:57 PM
Gomorrah Series 2 starts on Sky Atlantic Wed 11th May.

class show. 10/10. season one ended brilliantly.

Longshanks

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 05, 2016, 01:59:42 AM
Silicon Valley S3 has just started.

One of the best comedies out there.

Started watching this lastnight as finished few other comedies, namely master of none and parks and rec which I loved.

Watched two epsiodes and very promising, some of the jokes about the computer industry are great and very true to life.

lurganblue

Quote from: Rma13 on May 05, 2016, 04:14:41 PM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 05, 2016, 12:56:04 AM
Anybody seen the Americans? Have had a look back a few pages and no mention of it

A few people on Facebook recommending it recently.

I watched the first series & about half of the 2nd series although I still have the remaining episodes recorded, whether I ever watch them though is another matter.  I got a bit bored of it to be honest.

Can't wait to watch the 2nd series of Gomorrah, loved the first series & would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

I'm the same.  Think i finished 2 series but wont be going back to it. too slow paced and boring for me.  There are much better shows i can waste my time on.

5 Sams

I had the misfortune to stumble across "Bad Education" starring Jack Whitehall, who I think is quite funny, on Comedy Central. Avoid at all costs. As funny as a kick in the balls.
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 11, 2016, 10:34:14 PM
I had the misfortune to stumble across "Bad Education" starring Jack Whitehall, who I think is quite funny, on Comedy Central. Avoid at all costs. As funny as a kick in the balls.

Never found him funny, and don't understand the whole posh thing.... He's famous for going to school with Kate Middleton
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 16, 2016, 01:14:35 PM
GoT moving along nicely.
I'm on S1 E4 so no spoilers please  ;D

lurganblue

Game of thrones building up nicely.  Some nice "scenery" towards the end of that episode.  Both GOT and the walking dead are the hardest to avoid spoilers of if you fall behind.  Social media etc is plastered with coverage.

On a side note, I was in Tollymore forest park on Saturday past and out from the woods comes about 20 members of the nights watch dress accordingly. Was a strange sight.  Tour bus awaited them to go to another location...