TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Anyone watching The A Word on bbc1 Tuesday nights?

heffo

The Outsiders is good so far

Minder

I see Friday Night Lights is on Neflix, recommended ?

Have read the book years ago
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2016, 11:04:05 PM

Yes, great show. Even more so given you like football. The show, like the book, is primarily around life in small town Texas rather than the sport.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on April 06, 2016, 11:04:05 PM

Really enjoyed it.The first series especially.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Main Street

Better Call Saul is still enjoyable and has it's moments

S2 episode 9
Nighttime, Kim and Jimmy in bed after Jimmy has (allegedly) done something to screw  Chuck into losing a big client. Kim says something like  'Chuck is the best lawyer she knows and what an adversary he would make, he would find even the smallest crack in your defense'.

Then Jimmy gets up and goes to the all nighter photocopy shop ;D

nrico2006

That last episode of Saul was brilliant.  Really love that show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

Yes, it's come around again for me. I thought it was flagging a bit and padding things out for a few episodes, but the latest one was excellent.

Main Street

I was concerned when Jimmy's journey was sidelined around ep 3,  while they fleshed out other stories and characters  But Jimmy's a force in motion and  ep 9 was 100% back on track.
The scene at the school was just perfect, pure impromptu Saul with every line and nuance delivered to perfection.
Next comes  the final episode to S2.

screenexile

Watched the end of Vinyl there... it lost its way a bit from the opening episode I'd give it about a 6.5/10 meh!

Dinny Breen

Just finished LOVE on Netflix.

A grower, both characters are a self-absorbed and not particularly likeable. Mickey really shits on her flat-mate but some good "laugh out loud" moments.

At about 40 mins an episode a nice evening filler. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Great Swedish political thriller showing on Channel-4 at the minute, called 'Blue Eyes'.  It's about the fallout and political machinations surrounding the assassination of a far-right local politician on the eve of a general election.  Interesting and engaging; recommended. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 19, 2016, 03:00:36 PM
Just finished LOVE on Netflix.

A grower, both characters are a self-absorbed and not particularly likeable. Mickey really shits on her flat-mate but some good "laugh out loud" moments.

At about 40 mins an episode a nice evening filler.

Watched it a few weeks ago... it's a strange one I quite enjoyed it but wouldn't be going around raving about it or anything. It was definitely good and I would have stuck with the Canadian!!

Interested in that Swedish one BB I'll check that out over the weekend thanks!

Boycey

Anyone give The Tunnel - Sabotage a look yet? I watched 2 episodes the other night, looked promising. The previous series was good even if I lost track of all that was going on for a finish :-)

ziggysego

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is an enjoyable 20 minute sitcom on Netflix. Doesn't take itself too seriously and quite daft. I like it.
Testing Accessibility