TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on March 01, 2016, 09:18:14 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2016, 05:09:47 PM
Anybody watching Lucky Man?? I'm actually quite enjoying it even though Jimmy Nesbitt's in it.

Madam Secretary is starting to come into its own a bit as well I thought it was a poor man's West Wing but I'm really liking this season.

Also with a lack of shows at the minute I've started watching the West Wing again . . . fantastic television!!

Billions,  Limitless,  Vikings,  11.22.63, Trapped,  Blacklist all running at the minute,  all good Screen if you haven't already dipped

Jesus stop!! I don't need more suggestions I've been trying to wean myself off a plethora of things to watch so I could get it down to a more manageable level.

The staying up until 3-4am during the week to binge watch Narcos/Breaking Bad/The Wire etc. couldn't keep continuing or I would have gotten sacked or divorced or both!!

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on March 02, 2016, 09:41:58 AM
Anybody watching Lucky Man?? I'm actually quite enjoying it even though Jimmy Nesbitt's in it.

Madam Secretary is starting to come into its own a bit as well I thought it was a poor man's West Wing but I'm really liking this season.

Also with a lack of shows at the minute I've started watching the West Wing again . . . fantastic television!!

Billions,  Limitless,  Vikings,  11.22.63, Trapped,  Blacklist all running at the minute,  all good Screen if you haven't already dipped

Jesus stop!! I don't need more suggestions I've been trying to wean myself off a plethora of things to watch so I could get it down to a more manageable level.

The staying up until 3-4am during the week to binge watch Narcos/Breaking Bad/The Wire etc. couldn't keep continuing or I would have gotten sacked or divorced or both!!

i know the feeling, the hooers are making them faster than we can watch them !

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on March 02, 2016, 09:41:58 AM

I have been doing the same the past while, got through all the shows that I wanted to from the past (did BB and Dexter last year, Sopranos 3 years ago and now SOA this past few months).  All I watch now is shows I have on a week by week basis for years, not taking anymore on.  My list has shrunk something seriously.  People I know can;t understand how I was glad to finish BB, Dexter etc - I enjoyed them but too much of an addiction every night.     I think at one time I had 20 odd shows on the go (not on at the same time of the year obviously), but with cancellations and shows finishing I am down to the 100, Saul, Walking Dead, Blacklist, GOT, Person of Interest, Leftovers and Peaky Blinders could be stuck there too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2016, 08:58:05 PM
I see the American crime story - the people vs o.j Simpson aired last night in the u.s and seems to have got very good reviews.. For eg 'Expertly executed entertainment' the telegraph

it has a good cast , Marcia Clark, Cuba gooding Jr., John travolta, David schwimmer etc

It starts next week on Feb 13th on bbc2 so will give it a try ..

Think your a little mixed up here!

I have been watching it and I think its a great show - Can't wait to see if he gets off or not!

themac_23

TV shows seem to be taking over movies with regards interest etc, i find myself far more excited by tv shows than films coming out, maybe it is the kind of rapour with the characters and story lines. Some massive actors do tv shows now and the money being thrown at them is massive. heres a list of what I've watched over the last 2-3 years in binge sessions, my life hasn't been my own:

the wire
the sopranos(twice)
Breaking Bad (Twice)
Dexter
Friday Night Lights
House of Cards
Suits
Narcos
Making a Murderer
Sons of Anarchy (twice)
Peaky Blinders
Love/Hate
Homeland
Prison Break
Bloodline
Whitecollar
Lilyhammer
The League
How i Met your Mother
Its always Sunny in Philadelphia
and my favourite show which gets nowhere near the credit it deserves The Shield.

yeah, between my sofa and football i dont have much else going on.... lol

MoChara

Getting tore into House Of Cards atm great show and seems to maintain a fast pace the whole way you have to concentrate to keep up

charlieTully

for anyone who loved the sopranos gomorrah is essential to see, 10/10, IMO.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Longshanks

House of cards back today, last season was dissapointing but hope they have learned from the negative feedback and can turn it around especially dealing with the election.

muppet

Quote from: themac_23 on March 04, 2016, 11:03:55 AM
TV shows seem to be taking over movies with regards interest etc, i find myself far more excited by tv shows than films coming out, maybe it is the kind of rapour with the characters and story lines. Some massive actors do tv shows now and the money being thrown at them is massive. heres a list of what I've watched over the last 2-3 years in binge sessions, my life hasn't been my own:

the wire
the sopranos(twice)
Breaking Bad (Twice)
Dexter
Friday Night Lights
House of Cards
Suits
Narcos
Making a Murderer
Sons of Anarchy (twice)
Peaky Blinders
Love/Hate
Homeland
Prison Break
Bloodline
Whitecollar
Lilyhammer
The League
How i Met your Mother
Its always Sunny in Philadelphia
and my favourite show which gets nowhere near the credit it deserves The Shield.

yeah, between my sofa and football i dont have much else going on.... lol

Good post.

I'd say a lot of us are in the same boat these days.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Is Limitless any good?  I enjoyed the film.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on March 04, 2016, 12:17:28 PM

it's a good show, not top bracket though LL. You enjoy The Walking Dead, I'd near enough given up on it, but that 1st episode a few weeks back after the mid season break, sweet jesus !

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on March 04, 2016, 12:28:33 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 04, 2016, 12:17:28 PM

it's a good show, not top bracket though LL. You enjoy The Walking Dead, I'd near enough given up on it, but that 1st episode a few weeks back after the mid season break, sweet jesus !
Was a great episode alright. That scene was unreal. You'll know the one I mean.

nrico2006

Walking Dead is good but not top bracket either. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

The Walking Dead has been very good since its return.
Some of the scenes have been brutal. The last episode was excellent.

bennydorano

The People v OJ is a great watch (presumably for people of a certain age who 'lived' it). Stellar cast as well.

Have also got into Justified, wouldn't be my normal cup of tea but i'm really enjoying it, just about to start S4.

The Night Manager on BBC1 is superb, a good old fashioned espionagey type story.