TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Better Call Saul S2 on Netflix from Tuesday.

nrico2006

Just finished Sons of Anarchy, great show.  Wasn't expecting Better Call Saul to be back on as soon.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2016, 05:12:30 PM

Looking forward to it. Really enjoyed thrcfirst series and think it eclipsed BB. Episode 6 that focused on Mike's backstory was phenomenal!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 15, 2016, 08:39:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2016, 05:12:30 PM

Looking forward to it. Really enjoyed thrcfirst series and think it eclipsed BB. Episode 6 that focused on Mike's backstory was phenomenal!
I gave up about 4 episodes in. Might get back on it. House of Cards should be due back soon too.

majestic

Great start to the OJ Simpsom documentary/series on bbc2 tonight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: majestic on February 15, 2016, 10:47:46 PM
Great start to the OJ Simpsom documentary/series on bbc2 tonight
Aye the Bronco is on the move! John Tavolta's face  ???

Minder

What about Vinyl on Sky Atlantic ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on February 15, 2016, 11:08:29 PM
What about Vinyl on Sky Atlantic ?

Excellent start to the show!! Great music an intriguing storyline and a few bombs way out of left field.

Ray Romano getting a bit darker too freaked the shit out of me!!!

bennydorano

Vinyl was top quality stuff.

screenexile

Anybody watching Lucky Man?? I'm actually quite enjoying it even though Jimmy Nesbitt's in it.

Madam Secretary is starting to come into its own a bit as well I thought it was a poor man's West Wing but I'm really liking this season.

Also with a lack of shows at the minute I've started watching the West Wing again . . . fantastic television!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2016, 05:09:47 PM
Anybody watching Lucky Man?? I'm actually quite enjoying it even though Jimmy Nesbitt's in it.

Madam Secretary is starting to come into its own a bit as well I thought it was a poor man's West Wing but I'm really liking this season.

Also with a lack of shows at the minute I've started watching the West Wing again . . . fantastic television!!
One episode behind with Lucky Man. It's daft oul shite but enjoyable nonetheless.

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2016, 05:09:47 PM

Billions,  Limitless,  Vikings,  11.22.63, Trapped,  Blacklist all running at the minute,  all good Screen if you haven't already dipped

blewuporstuffed

Bloodline on Netflix is excellent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 01, 2016, 10:32:18 PM

Started it the other night - so far, so good.  But i really, really dislike Sissy Spacek (for the last 30something years), so I might have trouble sticking with it. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 02, 2016, 09:21:31 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 01, 2016, 10:32:18 PM

Started it the other night - so far, so good.  But i really, really dislike Sissy Spacek (for the last 30something years), so I might have trouble sticking with it.
Its quite slow going at the start, but i am up to episode 11 of 13 now and the last couple have been superb
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either