TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Has anyone watched the new X Files yet? Worth watching?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2016, 04:35:26 PM
What's Peaky Blinders about? I'm just finishing off the last series on Sky Go of Elementary, which was enjoyably naff. I'm watching Justified, which is brilliant still, but I'm looking for something else to replace the Elementary void when I'm travelling. Justified is the home with the missus, in front of the fire with a beer, programme.

Wouldnt be dying about Peaky Blinders - watched the first season. The 2nd one would needa improve. Fairly bad accents and thick as champ RA men so far.

nrico2006

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 03, 2016, 02:29:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2016, 04:35:26 PM
What's Peaky Blinders about? I'm just finishing off the last series on Sky Go of Elementary, which was enjoyably naff. I'm watching Justified, which is brilliant still, but I'm looking for something else to replace the Elementary void when I'm travelling. Justified is the home with the missus, in front of the fire with a beer, programme.

Wouldnt be dying about Peaky Blinders - watched the first season. The 2nd one would needa improve. Fairly bad accents and thick as champ RA men so far.

Watched both seasons of Peaky Blinders and it is decent enough but nothing special.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Watched first two episodes of Peaky Blinders. A bit meh, and left it at that.

Finished s5 of American Horror Story there a while back. To say the least it is quirky , ghoulish and bizarre. Would recommend the series although it won't be to everyone's taste.

HiMucker

Watching Vikings at the minute.  Think its a great show.  Dare say I say I am enjoying it more than Game of thrones

leenie

I see the American crime story - the people vs o.j Simpson aired last night in the u.s and seems to have got very good reviews.. For eg 'Expertly executed entertainment' the telegraph

it has a good cast , Marcia Clark, Cuba gooding Jr., John travolta, David schwimmer etc

It starts next week on Feb 13th on bbc2 so will give it a try ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 03, 2016, 01:37:30 PM
Watching it. The first 2 episodes were average as most time was spent on backstory for people who haven't seen the originals. Last night's (episode 3) was f**king bonkers! Scully looking the part though.

Rois

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

It starts next week on Feb 13th on bbc2 so will give it a try ..

Oh thanks for that, googled it yesterday but there wasn't a date for it.  Must set the series link.

JoG2

Quote from: HiMucker on February 03, 2016, 05:45:19 PM
Watching Vikings at the minute.  Think its a great show.  Dare say I say I am enjoying it more than Game of thrones

Two great shows,  but Vikings would be my pick.  Top drawer

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 03, 2016, 08:58:48 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 03, 2016, 01:37:30 PM
Watching it. The first 2 episodes were average as most time was spent on backstory for people who haven't seen the originals. Last night's (episode 3) was f**king bonkers! Scully looking the part though.
Scully never looked the part imo so she certainly doesn't now! She's had plenty of work done I'd say.
Watched the first episode tonight. It was meh.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Megaman

Quote from: JoG2 on February 03, 2016, 10:04:18 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on February 03, 2016, 05:45:19 PM

Two great shows,  but Vikings would be my pick.  Top drawer

downloaded and watch all of vikings last year, great show, watch it all in no time, had to watch 3 or 4  episodes at least at a time.

Hereiam

This 20min show was directed by a local lad from Eskra Co Tyrone. Not a bad story just don't expect it to raise your spirits
http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/storyland-1239/10519611/

bennydorano

The 2nd series of Siblings on BBC3 just finished tonight, seriously funny show, deserves a lot more recognition.

Canalman

Quote from: bennydorano on February 08, 2016, 11:41:37 PM
The 2nd series of Siblings on BBC3 just finished tonight, seriously funny show, deserves a lot more recognition.

Stumbled on that  last night . Wedding from hell with some wtf moments in it (to say the least) .

Denn Forever

Can't find thr friday night music thread but this may be of interest. 

Film about one of the world's greatest rock bands - AC/DC, or Acca Dacca as they are known in Australia. It is also the story of the legendary Australian music company, Albert Music, that launched them onto the global rock music scene.  BBC Four this friday at 22.00.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...