TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: square_ball on December 31, 2015, 01:16:17 PM
Just started watching homeland always been aware of it but for some reason never watched it. Got through the first season and a half its excellent. Hearing it tails off in the 3rd series or is that rubbish?
There is a dip but stick with it. The last couple of series have been excellent imo. Well worth hanging in there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2015, 03:48:37 PM
Just started watching homeland always been aware of it but for some reason never watched it. Got through the first season and a half its excellent. Hearing it tails off in the 3rd series or is that rubbish?
There is a dip but stick with it. The last couple of series have been excellent imo. Well worth hanging in there.

First season was excellent. Up and down after that. But worth a watch.

square_ball

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 31, 2015, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2015, 03:48:37 PM

First season was excellent. Up and down after that. But worth a watch.

Jeez thin Dana one must be one of the most annoying characters on tv! Almost season 2 finished enjoying it still.

Canalman

Nearly finished  the  Hatfield and McCoys. Very good so far. Only taped it a while back on a whim. Glad  I did.

laoislad

Quote from: leenie on December 28, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
Documentary .. Making a murderer on Netflix .. It's 10 episodes but v good
Good call leenie, started it over weekend and it's very good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Decided to start Sons of Anarchy - six episodes in but decent so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Following Walter's All4.com recommendations and watching Heartless, a Danish production, looks a bit Twighlighty tbh, ok.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2016, 11:24:00 AM

Watching this as well but there are spoilers everywhere.
#newbridgeornowhere

themac_23

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2016, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2016, 11:24:00 AM

Watching this as well but there are spoilers everywhere.

Holy smokes is all i can say, unbelievable. literally the only thing that got me over the christmas boredom.

Tony Baloney

Finished The Affair tonight. Good show.

Tony Baloney

I am working hard to avoid ANYTHING to do with How To Make A Murder until I watch it but the premise appears similar to Serial (podcast). Anything in this?

Soup an Samajiz

Just started into Luther over the Christmas break and finished up first season last night, should have watched it sooner, great stuff.

Making a Murderer is very good too, 7episodes or so in now just but as everyone says, spoilers everywhere
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

screenexile

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on January 05, 2016, 09:54:46 AM
Just started into Luther over the Christmas break and finished up first season last night, should have watched it sooner, great stuff.

Making a Murderer is very good too, 7episodes or so in now just but as everyone says, spoilers everywhere

Managed to do OK with Making a Murderer so far with missing spoilers I'm hoping to start it tonight. Is it one the Mrs would watch does anyone think? I'd be happy enough if it wasn't as she doesn't have the same commitment as me when getting stuck into a new series. I can't be dealing with this watching 1 episode a night nonsense!!!

themac_23

Quote from: screenexile on January 05, 2016, 11:36:00 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on January 05, 2016, 09:54:46 AM

Managed to do OK with Making a Murderer so far with missing spoilers I'm hoping to start it tonight. Is it one the Mrs would watch does anyone think? I'd be happy enough if it wasn't as she doesn't have the same commitment as me when getting stuck into a new series. I can't be dealing with this watching 1 episode a night nonsense!!!

If she doesn't enjoy binge watching then it wont be for her and you're best riding solo on this one trust me. Equally if she's like my mrs and wants to talk through everything, pause things while she gets tea/ goes to the toilet etc def do NOT watch Making a Morderer with her or quite frankly another murderer will be made. lol

Walter Cronc

Any ideas how to watch this Rebellion online in the north guys?

Can I change my i.p address using a 'safe' piece of software?