TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 30, 2015, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 28, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
The Peep Show episode on Wed nite was comic genius at it's arse clenching best.

The new series has been as good as ever

Yup, the last two or three haven't been great but it looks like they're going out on a high (or crumbling low as it happens). I find myself genuinely cringing and turning away from some of the things happening, they're that awkward!

tyrone girl

Anyone watched The Tunnel? Think it was on sky atlantic initially but i just watched it on demand on sky. Brilliant series.

Heres the thing though i wanna find someone who has watched it. I finished the ten episodes and went on to google to see if there is another series and came across this forum chatting about it. I was reading through this and they are all on about what happened in the finale and what they are on about i never watched. The last episode for me ended on something different but there was 10 episodes for them and for me. Anyone who watched it wanna help me out?

gallsman

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 02, 2015, 09:55:32 AM
Anyone watched The Tunnel? Think it was on sky atlantic initially but i just watched it on demand on sky. Brilliant series.

Heres the thing though i wanna find someone who has watched it. I finished the ten episodes and went on to google to see if there is another series and came across this forum chatting about it. I was reading through this and they are all on about what happened in the finale and what they are on about i never watched. The last episode for me ended on something different but there was 10 episodes for them and for me. Anyone who watched it wanna help me out?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a significantly inferior remake of a Swedish programme called Brön (The Bridge) that is on BBC 3 or 4. Highly recommended.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: gallsman on December 02, 2015, 09:59:02 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 02, 2015, 09:55:32 AM

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a significantly inferior remake of a Swedish programme called Brön (The Bridge) that is on BBC 3 or 4. Highly recommended.

I watched The Bridge and it's excellent. Started watching "The Tunnel" on Sky Atlantic last year and got through a couple of episodes.
The story was exactly the same as the original from what I remember so gave up on it.
I'm watching The Bridge Series 3 on BBC4 now and it's as good as ever. Best show on TV IMO.

tyrone girl

Yes its apparently a remake of The Bridge. I didnt watch it though i have been reading that they were very similar.
I cannot figure out wtf people are on about in the finale episode though. Its pissing me off cos i obviously wanna watch it to its conclusion.

gallsman

It has been re-made several times, including in the US, although I can't remember if that was a bridge or a tunnel. The forum definitely about the same one?

tyrone girl

Yes definitely, without wanting to give away spoilers if anyone hasnt watched it they are talking about the same characters and about one being blown up and a stand off etc and ***** being dead at the end.
The way mine ended was the young lad typing on the computer and i was thinking ah its a cliffhanger to the next series so of course i go reading up as to when it starts then i find all this.

gallsman

A different season of the show, perhaps?

JoG2

Bron/Broen season 3 started a couple of weeks ago on bbc4. Loved the 1st 2 seasons, but, not sure how I feel about the 3rd after 1 episode. The change in characters doesn't float my boat.

bennydorano

Quote from: gallsman on December 02, 2015, 08:49:40 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 30, 2015, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 28, 2015, 10:37:26 PM
The Peep Show episode on Wed nite was comic genius at it's arse clenching best.

The new series has been as good as ever

Yup, the last two or three haven't been great but it looks like they're going out on a high (or crumbling low as it happens). I find myself genuinely cringing and turning away from some of the things happening, they're that awkward!
The colouring in of the Cheddar to make it look like Stilton scene was just sublime.

tyrone girl

I am completely thick  :o. Embarrassed to say that after being mad all day at not getting the proper ending i went home last night and realised i hadnt actually watched 10 episodes and when i went to the next page on sky the last two episodes were there  :-[ :-[ :-[.
Anyway it was a fantastic series. Looking forward to series 2. Definitely recommend watching it.

Denn Forever

For posters with children, the Disney Jungle Book is being shown on Channel 4 this Sumday at 5.30.  Set Sky to record.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bennydorano

Josh on BBC3 has been a grower, Episode 4 was very very funny.

BennyHarp

Has anyone been watching Crossing Lines? The storylines are quite good but some of the acting and corny lines have been dire, however, on the whole I've enjoyed it. Has had a few very dramatic and unexpected moments such as the season finale this week.
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

While twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next episode of Fargo, I made an attempt to watch a few episodes of The Leftovers. It was depressing stuff, laden with wooden characters engaged in contrived arguments. Then there's the smoking cult?? an  unrelieved permanent state of depression.
Just think, being mandated to attend secondary school for 5 years in the 1970's with an unrelenting line of plodding, dull teachers, that's the world of The Leftovers.