TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Is Justified not on TG4 foe the last 2/3 years?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 12:51:23 PM
Anyone watch Justified on Sky Atlantic/Sky On Demand? A US Marshall working in Kentucky, dealing with all the various hillbilly criminals he comes across, including the Dixie mafia. Good watch.

I'm up to season 5, one of the best series I've seen.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 23, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

No idea. I never used to watch a lot of series. I didn't have the patience to wait until next week, so the boxsets on Netflix or Sky are a godsend to me. Anyway, I'm just into season 2 of it, and it's a great watch. I love the accent down around there as well.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 04:36:14 PM

No idea. I never used to watch a lot of series. I didn't have the patience to wait until next week, so the boxsets on Netflix or Sky are a godsend to me. Anyway, I'm just into season 2 of it, and it's a great watch. I love the accent down around there as well.

Have never watched it as I was told it was a modern-day rehash of his role on 'Deadwood', which I'd seen.  Now that was a series. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Never watched that either. Netflix or Sky?

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 04:57:43 PM

Dunno.  I watched the actual box sets - y'know dvds and the like. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 23, 2015, 05:02:13 PM

Wow. Cool. Retro.

themac_23

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 05:02:52 PM

Wow. Cool. Retro.

Hipster level 100  :P

screenexile

Quote from: themac_23 on November 23, 2015, 05:16:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 23, 2015, 05:02:52 PM

Wow. Cool. Retro.

Hipster level 100  :P

I'll bet he has a beard and a man bun. . . probably wears a tweed waistcoat as well. Too cool for school!!!

Max Payne

Anyone been watching the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle? Looks good going by the trailer

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2015, 01:18:54 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 03, 2015, 11:00:43 PM
Im up to episode 4 of Mr Robot. Still undecided as to whether I like it or not. A bit strange at times but I want to watch on to see what happens.

It's fantastic. Best show of the year by some distance. The first tv show or film to actually deal with the real intracties of software programming, not bullshît mumbo-jumbo.

I get a kick out of that because I do it for a living but as a show and as a character piece it is fantastic outside its success in being both authentic and engaging in dealing with computing. It's shot beautifully too and the score is excellent.

Nah, it's not. It's Fight Club with a bit of tech. Interesting enough but the plot is all over the place.

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 23, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Have never watched it as I was told it was a modern-day rehash of his role on 'Deadwood', which I'd seen.  Now that was a series.
Your deep throat's observation does hold some water, but that's not a negative in itself as Deadwood's Sheriff Bullock was a sheriff for the ages, even the Earps stood down from locking horns with Bullock. Justified S1 was very good viewing, then it gradually gets repetitive with circular plots in later seasons. 

JoG2

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 23, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

Really enjoyed Justified,  would have it a little below Banshee  and a good bit below Deadwood.  Did you hear they had agreed to shoot a couple of extended episodes to finish Deadwood?  Hopefully it's true and not another Breaking Bad season 6 (?)  windups kinda story

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2015, 08:31:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 16, 2015, 11:41:09 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2015, 06:41:16 PM
The Leftover Series 2 - I dunno afuck what's going on half the time but it's compulsive viewing now, Series one was ok not great and I sorta dipped in and out of it.
My new favourite show

I have enjoyed Season 2 so far more than I did Season 1, been very good.

Well, the latest episode was a bit crazy!
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

London Spy getting very tedious.