TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2015, 01:23:37 PM
New season of South Park is great.

How they manage to nail it every time is beyond me!!! It's definitely overtaken the Simpsons in recent times poor Tom Brady got some tanking last week in it. Looking forward to this weeks episode

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on September 24, 2015, 03:25:57 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2015, 01:23:37 PM
New season of South Park is great.

How they manage to nail it every time is beyond me!!! It's definitely overtaken the Simpsons in recent times poor Tom Brady got some tanking last week in it. Looking forward to this weeks episode

The Simpsons will always be the all time greatest show for me, and by some distance, but there hasn't been anything good since season 12. I haven't watched a new episode in the best part of 15 years, it's gone downhill that much. Seasons 3-9/10 are perfection though.

South Park has been the opposite, it just gets better and better. Their ability to tract to news and get a hilarious episode out a few weeks later is incredible.

gallsman

Oh, and Narcos is decent without being great. Pablo and the Red Viper are good in it. The guy playing Murphy is dire. Nowhere close to being right up there with the best.

Daredevil is a good superhero effort from Netflix.

johnneycool

How'd the live show on Corrie go? 

Any quality acting on display?

5 Sams

The World at War. On Sky 537. Amazing.
The Aristocrat Years

Canalman

Finished s2 of Ray Donovan at the weekend. Second part of it was excellent.

Well worth a watch.

nrico2006

Been watching season 3 with the finale set for Wednesday, but hopefully there will be a stream available tonight as it aired in the US last night.  Best show on TV (along with GOT).
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Denn Forever

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 24, 2015, 11:37:41 PM

But scary.  How a whole nation was transfixed and influenced by one man to do inconceivable things.

Always makes me wonder what I would have done?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

Homeland back tonight at 9 on RTE2
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

trileacman

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 28, 2015, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on September 24, 2015, 11:37:41 PM

But scary.  How a whole nation was transfixed and influenced by one man to do inconceivable things.

Always makes me wonder what I would have done?

Bolloxs, they were all in on it. German f**kers.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Soup an Samajiz

Recently started to re-watch Friday Night Lights... Lovin every bit of it. Don't know many series that have such "re-play value"
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

AZOffaly

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but is anyone watching Gotham? It's quite good. I thought it would be naff, but I find it a grand watch for an hour whenever I pick up netflix.

gallsman

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 07, 2015, 10:51:58 AM
Recently started to re-watch Friday Night Lights... Lovin every bit of it. Don't know many series that have such "re-play value"

Dips a good bit in the later seasons in my opinion. The first few are great however and really capture the feel of the book.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2015, 11:09:15 AM

Dips a good bit in the later seasons in my opinion. The first few are great however and really capture the feel of the book.

That was always my feelin on it too, but the 4th series was better than I gave it credit for, Matt's story line with his dad an that was great, but it was always going to be tough introducing a new cast and that. Coach Taylor always kept the hole thing tickin over
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

gallsman

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on October 07, 2015, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2015, 11:09:15 AM

That was always my feelin on it too, but the 4th series was better than I gave it credit for, Matt's story line with his dad an that was great, but it was always going to be tough introducing a new cast and that. Coach Taylor always kept the hole thing tickin over

Clear eyes, full hearts...