TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

Started Friday Night Lights for about the 5th rerun.. deadly shtuff
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Canalman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 29, 2015, 12:26:46 AM
I've discovered Strike Back on my On Demand channels - gone through Seasons 2 and 3 so far - Season 1 didn't air in the US - I believe the final season is starting next week.

A combination of Banshee, Homeland and 24 - perfect turn your brain off television - yer man Scott in it would give Sheriff Hook a run for his money in Banshee

Yep, watching the current season . To say it beggars belief is an understatement.

We have nothing to fear from North Korea if this tv series is anything to go by. Its soldiers just seem to want to run straight into gunfire at every opportunity...... in their droves.

SPOILER ALERT

Lads last week I think waltzed into NK and destroyed a power station........... and then escaped from custody.
Makes the Germans in Where Eagles Dare or Kellys Heroes seem like special forces by comparison.

gallsman

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 29, 2015, 09:48:19 AM

Only for the first few seasons. Once he leaves the Panthers it becomes very soap-like. Kyle Chandler a great actor though.

charlieTully

Probably been mentioned before but the US version of the office is brilliant.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2015, 11:57:53 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

True Detective 2 is just class

It was shite until this week's episode but that was magnificent.
Watched it at 6am this morning when I was feeding the younglad.
Fantastic episode.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

Looking for funny light tv series, which the fairer sex should enjoy

Gold

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 29, 2015, 08:28:36 AM
Just watched True Detectives latest episode last night waiting for something special, still waiting.

Agree. Big let-down after the 1st series, which was quite decent

This weeks episode was a bit better, but only that

VV's wife annoys me
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: gallsman on July 29, 2015, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 29, 2015, 09:48:19 AM

Only for the first few seasons. Once he leaves the Panthers it becomes very soap-like. Kyle Chandler a great actor though.

Ach aye, Go Panthers like... but Riggins still hangs about for the 4th and 5th.. id hang about just to have alocka brewskies with that fella anytime.. Jason Street annoys me
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Muzz

Quote from: pullhard on July 29, 2015, 11:08:23 AM

Have you tried Orange is the new Black?

screenexile

Quote from: Muzz on July 29, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
Quote from: pullhard on July 29, 2015, 11:08:23 AM

Have you tried Orange is the new Black?

Light??!!

Muzz

You not think its light?

To be fair funny and which the fairer sex should enjoy - it definitely ticks the boxes.

5 Sams

Just watched "Good Job: Stories of the FDNY" Steve Buscemi was interviewing some of his old mates as he used to be a fireman in NYC. Fascinating esp. the 911 stuff. Brave men and a lot of 2nd and 3rd generation Irish.
The Aristocrat Years

JoG2

Looking for a new show, I've added the following into my favourites folder in Movie HD. Any one in particular I should go for? (boxsets I've enjoyed: Hell on Wheels, Wire, Dexter, Deadwood, BB, Boston Legal, Suits)

The Originals
The Newsroom
Sense 8
Castle
Hannibal
Marco Polo
The Pillars of the Earth

thanks

tbrick18

Quote from: JoG2 on August 05, 2015, 09:48:39 AM
Looking for a new show, I've added the following into my favourites folder in Movie HD. Any one in particular I should go for? (boxsets I've enjoyed: Hell on Wheels, Wire, Dexter, Deadwood, BB, Boston Legal, Suits)

The Originals
The Newsroom
Sense 8
Castle
Hannibal
Marco Polo
The Pillars of the Earth

thanks

I started watching Marco Polo....got bored by it and gave up. Not as good as it could have been I think.

gallsman

True Detective 2 consigned to history, thank God. Such a letdown after the first season.

Good, and funny, summary of plot up until start of Ep 8 here:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html