TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: ballinaman on July 22, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 11:34:48 PM
I'm enjoyong TD2, better than the first one imo. First time i've thought that Vince Vaughan can actually act.
Up to episode 5 now and I'm done with it.
Cardboard dialogue and characters I couldn't give a shite about. Nothing new whatsoever. Indie vibe me howal
Casper the friendly ghost be worth watching instead of it.

Watched episode 5 last night of TD2, still nothing special.  Nowhere near as good as season 1 so far.  Will stick with it as near the end now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Soup an Samajiz

just get watchin Suits and be done with it all.. Duno how they've managed to still keep the office interesting for 5 seasons now because I really thought it would get stale but it hasn't at all in my opinion.. lovin it.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

JoG2

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 22, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
just get watchin Suits and be done with it all.. Duno how they've managed to still keep the office interesting for 5 seasons now because I really thought it would get stale but it hasn't at all in my opinion.. lovin it.

quite easy

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: JoG2 on July 22, 2015, 11:07:49 AM

quite easy

More of a Rachel Zane guy myself

screenexile

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on July 22, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 22, 2015, 11:07:49 AM

quite easy

More of a Rachel Zane guy myself

Me too... what the deuce is the craic with posting pictures of gingers... there's another thread for that!!

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13705.msg638954#msg638954

ONeill

Quote from: ballinaman on July 22, 2015, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 11:34:48 PM
I'm enjoyong TD2, better than the first one imo. First time i've thought that Vince Vaughan can actually act.
Up to episode 5 now and I'm done with it.
Cardboard dialogue and characters I couldn't give a shite about. Nothing new whatsoever. Indie vibe me howal
Casper the friendly ghost be worth watching instead of it.

The direction was a joke. The cliché mountain was already at a dizzying level before the Vaughan pre-sex scene and the shared cigarette afterwards. It became laughable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Season 2 has been excellent overall.

laoislad

I can't make up my mind if Vaughan's wife is hot or not.

On another note, I've just started watching Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Showbox.
Not sure what to make of it. Is it worth staying with.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trileacman

True Detective is f**king shite this season after a brilliant first season. Suffering from writers who think they're the f**king coolest, smartest fcukers to ever lift a pen despite the series being littered with cliches, the kid getting bullied has to be a fat ginger, Colin's old man is a drunk cop and a shitty father, etc. I actually think the cast is really strong and could've worked out if they'd bothered their hole to write a f**king storyline. I'd say they shit themselves when they cast Vince as the bad guy, "look it's a comedy guy as the serious, violent mob boss, aren't we fcking geniuses. Here's another mopey cnut with a guitar singing the same depressing song week on week, series complete lads."
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

bennydorano

Sunny in Phili is a superb show, from Series 4 on it justs gets better & better.

Finished a bit of a Veep marathon up to the finale of Series 4, funny shit, some one liners flying about.

bridgegael

Watching Band of Brothers again on sky atlantic. Quality show
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

5 Sams

Quote from: bridgegael on July 22, 2015, 11:44:48 PM

+1. Took a while to get used to Ross from Friends though.
The Aristocrat Years

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 23, 2015, 12:07:17 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on July 22, 2015, 11:44:48 PM

+1. Took a while to get used to Ross from Friends though.

Never had a problem with Ross in the middle of it, I know so many 1s think different but I thought he was great in it. The first few episodes Curahee and the training leading up to D-day was really brilliant.. from then on your just immersed in the hole thing, Pacific was a big let down for me after

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2015, 11:31:32 PM
Sunny in Phili is a superb show, from Series 4 on it justs gets better & better.

Finished a bit of a Veep marathon up to the finale of Series 4, funny shit, some one liners flying about.

Hasn't got a patch on Thick of It in my opinion. Malcolm Tucker is one of the great comedy characters of all time he's absolutely superb.

"I need you lot to make like a tree and go f**k yourselves"

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2015, 10:47:59 PM
I can't make up my mind if Vaughan's wife is hot or not.

On another note, I've just started watching Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Showbox.
Not sure what to make of it. Is it worth staying with.
Sunny in Phildephia is quality, prepared to get offended by some parts of it. Definitely won't suit some people but into it's 10th season now, I think it's hilarious.