TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: JoG2 on July 10, 2015, 02:29:49 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 10, 2015, 02:25:12 PM
Thoughts on The  Affair now that it has wrapped up?

I spent the whole show unable to decide if the 'bit on the side' was hot or not. She was, she wasn't, she was etc etc
I think that was kind of the point though?
She def looked better in his recollection of events than her own, even down to the way she dressed.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 10, 2015, 02:33:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 10, 2015, 02:29:49 PM

I spent the whole show unable to decide if the 'bit on the side' was hot or not. She was, she wasn't, she was etc etc
I think that was kind of the point though?
She def looked better in his recolection of events that her own, even down to the way she dressed.

i know what your saying, but I was thinking more in general though. All depending on the camera angle. It was the same in Luther

The Subbie

True detective S2Ep 4 , now we're talking!!

Gabriel_Hurl

apart from the last ten minutes another awful episode

Geoff Tipps

On the whole enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next series.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on July 13, 2015, 01:45:29 PM

On the whole enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next series.
Aye the missus was into it and it grew and grew on me. In the end I really enjoyed it. Cast of good actors and a decent storyline. Plus a good bit of riding. Noah was enjoying single life anyway  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 13, 2015, 12:57:01 PM
And those 10  minutes just happened to be gory, reckless, blood splattering, bullet enhanced mayhem. Probably you would need to watch something else if that's your taste,  You're not from Tyrone are you?

TD s2 ep4   Colin is almost evolved by now,  evolved into a wise man at peace with his place in the scheme of his life, but I missed the transition phase from almost total wreck at the bottom of a whisky bottle (brand name withheld), to ex-wreck making deep fatherly connections with his son.
Maybe some of us Irish people make those giant strides in life without much fuss, just quietly get realised bout the important things.
Also thankfully  for Ireland,  Colin does not let our side down in the gun battle, a gun battle depicted to a level of such viciousness that  people like Gabriel could find  some solace after being forced  to watch the previous 40 minutes of pedantic plot and character development.

JimStynes

Been watching True Detective and I couldn't really tell you what it is about. Not sure if that is because it's a bit shit and I am not interested in following it or if it is because it is just hard to understand what is going on.

bennydorano

Showing my naivety but i thought the affair was going to be a one off 10 episode series, watching the last episode i knew the f**kers weren't getting it wrapped up. Why do they have to rip the hole out of everything, it would be original now for a 10 episode show to be produced, get excellent  reviews and just leave it at that without another series. Series 2 will see a dilution of the quality.

Noah's wife knocked own & killed Pacey's brother - cert.

ONeill

Quote from: JimStynes on July 14, 2015, 11:33:34 AM
Been watching True Detective and I couldn't really tell you what it is about. Not sure if that is because it's a bit shit and I am not interested in following it or if it is because it is just hard to understand what is going on.

I fell asleep during episode 4. I don't give a hoot about Vince shooting blanks, Colin's sobering, the homosexuality or yer blade ridin her work mate. Even that shoot-out at the ended was a bit....shit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

annapr

Quote from: Main Street on July 13, 2015, 11:54:58 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 13, 2015, 12:57:01 PM
And those 10  minutes just happened to be gory, reckless, blood splattering, bullet enhanced mayhem. Probably you would need to watch something else if that's your taste,  You're not from Tyrone are you?

TD s2 ep4   Colin is almost evolved by now,  evolved into a wise man at peace with his place in the scheme of his life, but I missed the transition phase from almost total wreck at the bottom of a whisky bottle (brand name withheld), to ex-wreck making deep fatherly connections with his son.
Maybe some of us Irish people make those giant strides in life without much fuss, just quietly get realised bout the important things.
Also thankfully  for Ireland,  Colin does not let our side down in the gun battle, a gun battle depicted to a level of such viciousness that  people like Gabriel could find  some solace after being forced  to watch the previous 40 minutes of pedantic plot and character development.
You talk some amount of shite.

Gabriel_Hurl

Or maybe MS is Mr. Pizzolatto and I've offended his baby

bennydorano

I'm enjoyong TD2, better than the first one imo. First time i've thought that Vince Vaughan can actually act.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 11:34:48 PM
I'm enjoyong TD2, better than the first one imo. First time i've thought that Vince Vaughan can actually act.
He's so money and he doesn't even know it.

ballinaman

Quote from: bennydorano on July 14, 2015, 11:34:48 PM
Up to episode 5 now and I'm done with it.
Cardboard dialogue and characters I couldn't give a shite about. Nothing new whatsoever. Indie vibe me howal
Casper the friendly ghost be worth watching instead of it.