TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: BenDover on June 16, 2015, 08:17:05 AM
I don't think that's the end of him - but feck me plenty of killings to finish that season of with

Killings but they left some uncertainty over some of them.

I suppose we'll know more when the cast gather back in Belfast soon enough for the shooting of season 6.

ballinaman

Thankfully the next series will over take the books so won't have the holier than thou...."oh i've read the books and know whats going to happen" crew.
Jeeze, yar wan with the bell..."shame"..."shame"....hope the mountain goes after her for a start.

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on June 16, 2015, 09:51:00 AM
Thankfully the next series will over take the books so won't have the holier than thou...."oh i've read the books and know whats going to happen" crew.
Jeeze, yar wan with the bell..."shame"..."shame"....hope the mountain goes after her for a start.

I thought that was a savage scene. And while the camera never focused directly on the bell ringer, it caught he smile and pleasure in what was happening on several occasions. She'd definitely be on the hit list.

Yeah, the book w*nkers can spoil it and are certainly very critical of everything that happens. One of them told me weeks ago about the end scene in last nights episode, so that was a bit of a anti-climax last night for me.

Just hope the next books don't come out too soon!

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on June 16, 2015, 10:07:13 AM

I thought that was a savage scene. And while the camera never focused directly on the bell ringer, it caught he smile and pleasure in what was happening on several occasions. She'd definitely be on the hit list.

Yeah, the book w*nkers can spoil it and are certainly very critical of everything that happens. One of them told me weeks ago about the end scene in last nights episode, so that was a bit of a anti-climax last night for me.

Oh ya...bell ringer will defo get it, you can chalk it down.
Game of thrones is mad in the way characters can be awful hoors but you can still feel a bit sorry for them when their comeuppance comes around....guy getting his eyes cut out....cersei doing her walk ect... ( a bit sorry for them...not totally obviously)

Nope, George RR Martin is nowhere near finishing the next book and has basically said to the producers, do what you like...just make a good TV show.

nrico2006

I actually was hoping to see him reappear and for once I would love to see Cersei unleash her full evil on that whole sect.

I would hope that the arrival of Melisandre spells some sort of potential revival for your man irrelevant of what he or the writers have alluded to.

On another note, never have I saw a show where I would be stumped when trying to rate the hottest doll - Khalisi, Melisandre, the amazing sand sister, Margery, Cersei (especially on last nights form, body double or not), Khalisi's assistant from Hollyoaks - the list goes on.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 16, 2015, 10:31:13 AM

I actually was hoping to see him reappear and for once I would love to see Cersei unleash her full evil on that whole sect.

I would hope that the arrival of Melisandre spells some sort of potential revival for your man irrelevant of what he or the writers have alluded to.

On another note, never have I saw a show where I would be stumped when trying to rate the hottest doll - Khalisi, Melisandre, the amazing sand sister, Margery, Cersei (especially on last nights form, body double or not), Khalisi's assistant from Hollyoaks - the list goes on.

There's quality throughout. . . is there any of that group we haven't seen fully nude? I can't mind seeing Margery with them off her yet!!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on June 16, 2015, 10:43:18 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 16, 2015, 10:31:13 AM

There's quality throughout. . . is there any of that group we haven't seen fully nude? I can't mind seeing Margery with them off her yet!!

Margery was in one scene, unbelievable shape too.  Was the scene in Renly's tent at the start of season 3 where she was trying her best to seduce him. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Bingo

Quote from: ballinaman on June 16, 2015, 10:25:37 AM
Quote from: Bingo on June 16, 2015, 10:07:13 AM

Oh ya...bell ringer will defo get it, you can chalk it down.
Game of thrones is mad in the way characters can be awful hoors but you can still feel a bit sorry for them when their comeuppance comes around....guy getting his eyes cut out....cersei doing her walk ect... ( a bit sorry for them...not totally obviously)

Nope, George RR Martin is nowhere near finishing the next book and has basically said to the producers, do what you like...just make a good TV show.

Yeah, defo the case, from one of the very first scenes when Jamie pushed the wee lad out the window. Now its like that and his other carryon, never happened and he a likeable character. The hound was a pure killer but had great wit and you would have liked to see him make it.

Few others like that. And then on the other hand, you have the "goodies" who always seem to try and do right but who end up goosed. Very few shows would have got rid of as many of the main characters on the good side.

I read someone that George RR Martin will likely put himself on the grave before he finishes books due to his health and reluctance to address it i.e. he's rather large. I did think he was planning on having the next book out sooner rather than later and that he and the TV showrunners have agreed on the end game and will work towards that.

Margery has done the deed in season 2 perhaps, when she was trying to seduce her first husband, Stannis's brother, to get a child in her but he preferred the company of her brother. I think she even offered that he could join in if it helped. What a classly show!!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

tbrick18

GOT....best thing on tv by a mile!
Forget Breaking Bad, The Wire, True detective....it's in a whole other class.

The fact that you just cannot predict where the story might go is what is so thrilling about it.
Any character could well get killed in any episode.
I didnt expect the deaths last night, nor did I expect Stannis to finish up the way he did....and wee Arya Stark!

It's going to be a long wait until the next season.

johnneycool

FFS, stop with this shít. Some of us haven't seen it yet!!!

Bingo

Quote from: johnneycool on June 16, 2015, 03:14:57 PM

Then why oh why would you wander into the TV thread the day after the finale was broadcast. Do we have to draw up a list of people who watch the show or may watch the show and wait to discuss it until such time as everyone agrees.

There is no hidden spoiler function on the board like other discussion boards, so give yourself a chance and go and watch the bloody thing or just don't open this thread till you have.

I'd agree if people where posting this stuff if it aired in the US weeks ahead or even days ahead but not the case here.

Canalman

x1000.

Fat chance they will take heed.

johnneycool

Quote from: Bingo on June 16, 2015, 03:20:38 PM

Then why oh why would you wander into the TV thread the day after the finale was broadcast. Do we have to draw up a list of people who watch the show or may watch the show and wait to discuss it until such time as everyone agrees.

There is no hidden spoiler function on the board like other discussion boards, so give yourself a chance and go and watch the bloody thing or just don't open this thread till you have.

I'd agree if people where posting this stuff if it aired in the US weeks ahead or even days ahead but not the case here.

Someone else had the decency to create a spoiler thread, post there FFS!!!

Bingo

Quote from: johnneycool on June 16, 2015, 03:45:48 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 16, 2015, 03:20:38 PM

Someone else had the decency to create a spoiler thread, post there FFS!!!

That was for book spoilers and plot leaks.

The show has been aired, if you where that worried you'd have watched it and not opened a TV show thread the day after it was on TV. FFS, sort yourself out.

And believe me, not even a quarter of what happened has been said on here.