TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 15, 2015, 09:02:51 AM
No spoilers here.  Anything talked about is old news.  Only a fool would be on posting here if they have just started watching season 1.

How I imagine most GOT viewers look like
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2015, 02:42:28 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 15, 2015, 09:02:51 AM
No spoilers here.  Anything talked about is old news.  Only a fool would be on posting here if they have just started watching season 1.

How I imagine most GOT viewers look like

i agree, the people on my Facebook and twitter who post about GOT do nothing to change my mind on their appearance lol

screenexile

GoT is excellent no matter what way you look at it.

Many people think with the Dragons/Whitewalkers etc. that it's a Sci-Fi Fantasy type show but that's a very small part to it.

I would liken it to a medieval power struggle with numerous layers of plotlines going on for essentially a number of different factions wishing to rule the world. It throws up politics, betrayal, drama, mystery intrigue all over the place.

Add in some excellent battle scenes, some fairly brutal violence, epic scenery, brilliant acting and the fact they're the plot is not afraid to throw away people you saw as essential and it's probably the best thing on TV ever I would say!

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watch the first Episode of 'Humans' on channel 4 last night?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 15, 2015, 03:50:56 PM

Watched it, little intrigued, will give it another viewing next week, but 2 other shows stat next week on Sunday.... True detective and some cop show on UTV
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2015, 03:53:29 PM

Watched it, little intrigued, will give it another viewing next week, but 2 other shows stat next week on Sunday.... True detective and some cop show on UTV
Yeah, Im probably the same, interesting enough to make me want to watch again next week, with out being fantastic.
Some intereting plot themes.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 15, 2015, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2015, 03:53:29 PM

Yeah, Im probably the same, interesting enough to make me want to watch again next week, with out being fantastic.
Some intereting plot themes.

I mean how far away are we from having our own 'robot' ? I'd get one tomorrown ffs!!

Bingo

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2015, 03:47:44 PM

Many people think with the Dragons/Whitewalkers etc. that it's a Sci-Fi Fantasy type show but that's a very small part to it.

I would liken it to a medieval power struggle with numerous layers of plotlines going on for essentially a number of different factions wishing to rule the world. It throws up politics, betrayal, drama, mystery intrigue all over the place.

Add in some excellent battle scenes, some fairly brutal violence, epic scenery, brilliant acting and the fact they're the plot is not afraid to throw away people you saw as essential and it's probably the best thing on TV ever I would say!

+1

I would have been one of the non-viewers who seen it as not for me until about 3 months back and from then to now, I've caught up on all seasons and am eagerly awaiting tonights episode.

Having it to watch over the few months was a godsend. I'm watching less and less TV and most have switched TV stations 1000 times yesterday evening before I give up and started to read a book before heading to the cot.

Its a brilliant show.

laoislad

That female robot is a bit of a hottie.
Wonder does she come with optional extras...!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Quality alright. Spied her a few years ago on Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Anybody watch that?? It was quality as well!!

Humans has potential it will be interesting over the next few weeks. Really cant wait for the next True Detective the trailers look superb!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2015, 07:17:23 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Quality alright. Spied her a few years ago on Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Anybody watch that?? It was quality as well!!

Humans has potential it will be interesting over the next few weeks. Really cant wait for the next True Detective the trailers look superb!
The wee oriental "robot" is going out with Jack Whitehall. Poor taste in men.

johnneycool

Quote from: Bingo on June 15, 2015, 04:05:59 PM

+1

I would have been one of the non-viewers who seen it as not for me until about 3 months back and from then to now, I've caught up on all seasons and am eagerly awaiting tonights episode.

Having it to watch over the few months was a godsend. I'm watching less and less TV and most have switched TV stations 1000 times yesterday evening before I give up and started to read a book before heading to the cot.

Its a brilliant show.

lord,
    my 'source' for GOT has dried up, something about a court order FFS, anyone able to assist for one last episode???
PM please.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on June 15, 2015, 09:46:46 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 15, 2015, 04:05:59 PM

+1

Its a brilliant show.

lord,
    my 'source' for GOT has dried up, something about a court order FFS, anyone able to assist for one last episode???
PM please.
If you wait a while nrico will be along with a full rundown.

Bingo

Holy mother of mercy!

What just happened!!!!!

BenDover

I don't think that's the end of him - but feck me plenty of killings to finish that season of with