TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I can't believe I'm saying this, but after one of the worst first series ever, and a middling second series, the third series of Person of Interest was extraordinarily good.

Main Street

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on June 09, 2015, 08:03:08 PM
Need a recommendation for another binge view, loved Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, like the cliff hanger type stuff. Lots of babysitting coming up!!!
Vic and The Shield will keep you on the edge of an abyss,
6 series  where he keeps it all together by the skin of his fingertips.

laoislad

Just watching An hour to save your life on BBC2.
Amazing stuff.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on June 09, 2015, 09:43:53 PM
Need a recommendation for another binge view, loved Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, like the cliff hanger type stuff. Lots of babysitting coming up!!!
Vic and The Shield will keep you on the edge of an abyss,
6 series  where he keeps it all together by the skin of his fingertips.

Great show. 100 mile an hour from start to finish.

5 Sams

Just watching "8 out 10 Cats does Countdown"... Rachel Riley...mother of god. :-*
The Aristocrat Years

nrico2006

Quote from: thewobbler on June 09, 2015, 09:18:59 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but after one of the worst first series ever, and a middling second series, the third series of Person of Interest was extraordinarily good.

Crazy, I'm just after watching episode 3 of season 4 last night after doing season 3 over the past month and I am actually thinking season 3 and 4 are nowhere near as good as one and 2.

I'm actually looking forward to finishing Person of Interest as that will be me all done with binge viewing.  Did Dexter and Breaking Bad over the winter and looking forward to being able to go to bed early or something for a change or watching something random instead of being addicted to the same show every night.  Take it you have watched 24?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

I'd recommend Scandal - definitely cliff hanger stuff!
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 10, 2015, 08:37:30 AM

I'd recommend Scandal - definitely cliff hanger stuff!

Scandal started off well, but has become absolutly ridiculous with the plot lines.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

12 Monkeys is decent enough if you like the time travel type genre.
I never seen the movie version so don't know how much it differs to it.

Another I watched, which in fairness is a bit cheesy, but I got into it was The Last Ship.
Also like Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

GoT had another epic the other night. . . it'll be difficult to live up to the last 2 episodes in the finale as there's too much going on that probably needs to be tied off. Fantastic viewing though.

Did I see Khalesi in the trailer for the new Terminator film as a brunette?? Still would!!

Denn Forever

Madam Secretary is quite interesting.   US politics, a bit West Wing lite.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 10, 2015, 10:11:35 AM
Madam Secretary is quite interesting.   US politics, a bit West Wing lite.

Just finished the first series and despite Tea Leoni's annoying voice it is quite good. Not in West Wing league but very enjoyable and some good storylines. Looking forward to the next season.

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2015, 10:07:39 AM
GoT had another epic the other night. . . it'll be difficult to live up to the last 2 episodes in the finale as there's too much going on that probably needs to be tied off. Fantastic viewing though.

Did I see Khalesi in the trailer for the new Terminator film as a brunette?? Still would!!

This season is just epic.
There hasnt been any reference to the wee lad stark who cant walk any more (Bran?) in this season, I was thinking there'd be something there but perhaps thats next season.
I just hope the last episode isnt a let down given the previous 2.

Bingo

On GoT, I don't expect a massive end of season show, as its still far too open ended on many of the stories for them to be closed off in one episode.

In previous seasons, episodes 8/9 have always been the clinkers and episode 10 ties those down.

To date, season 1,2,3 actually built up to Season 4 and all that happened there. A lot of the characters have moved on from their journeys in Seasons 1-4. I suspect that we will have another 2 or 3 seasons before the final season and that is when winter really does come and they all have to face it.

Been a slower season but I think they have been putting future plotlines down and this took time, a few great episodes recently.

I'd expect Bran to re-appear in future seasons as he will have a big say in the finale I reckon.

nrico2006

I think there will ultimately be a link between Brann and the dragon(s) and how the white walkers will eventually be defeated.  This season in general has not been as good as the rest though, but it can't be all fireworks every week.  I was hoping that this season would climax with Stannis defeating Bolton but I can't see it being squeezed into one episode.  Cercsei is bound to do her walk in the last episode, been waiting all season for it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'