TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: LeoMc on June 02, 2015, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
Just finished the first two series of Modern Family, didn't think it was something I'd enjoy but have been pleasantly surprised!

Same here, have downloaded 4 & 5 to watch on holidays.

Thumbs up from me, clever sustained comedy writing from the yanks again. Was recommended by a friend and nearly finished season 3, although they are caught up on the latest season and they said the wheels are coming off a bit.

Bingo

Cracking episode of GoT. As always they seem to be able to throw a surprise into the mix and don't under play it when they want a big scene.

10 episodes in a season, so 2 to go and I reckon they'll be top drawer.

Orior

Ahem, Big Brother 5 is watchable in parts. They appear to have paid some bird to go naked.

Other than that, the contestants are all complete w*nkers, especially the Irish lad who is an embarrassment to our nation.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on June 02, 2015, 11:49:37 AM
Ahem, Big Brother 5 is watchable in parts. They appear to have paid some bird to go naked.

Other than that, the contestants are all complete w*nkers, especially the Irish lad who is an embarrassment to our nation.

This post has been reported and hopefully results in a ban!

We're discussing some epic television from last night and you start talking about Big Brother??!! Next thing you'll be telling us how Spencer and his latest squeeze are on the rocks in MIC... You're better than this Orior!!!!

laoislad

The wife is watching it so I have seen it a few times.

I would like to drop a concrete block on yer mans head that keeps shouting Showbiz...
Then I would like to tie said concrete block to his feet and throw him in a river.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on June 02, 2015, 12:38:14 PM

The wife is watching it so I have seen it a few times.

I would like to drop a concrete block on yer mans head that keeps shouting Showbiz...
Then I would like to tie said concrete block to his feet and throw him in a river.

The Irish doll is as much an embarrassment as the fella.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Mandown. Ch4 comedy, 2nd series started last nite with a belter episode, tears of laughter.

Syferus

GoT always feels like it's going at a glacial pace to me, everything seem to take ages to happen but because there's so much happening there's usually something meaningful happening in one of the storylines.

Like that they've sped up the Danys storyline from the books (from the sound of things) because that whole story while interesting still has very little weight in terms of the real game that's happening in Westeros.

Great action set piece there in the last epsiode. I think the WWs have finally graduated from meh to creditable threat with that scene. They were introduced in the very first scene of the series and it's took 48 episodes to get to this point! Hopefully another big set piece to come up north in the remaining two episodes.

laoislad

Exiles Vancouver.
What a shower of gimps.

Milltown Row2

Naked and afraid.... Discovery channel!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: cockahoop on June 01, 2015, 02:14:19 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 28, 2015, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
Been watching The Affair on Sky.. seems decent enough so far, good plot (not just the obvious one) but I'm getting the odd glance/stare from the missus !!! not recommended if youve been a naughty boy
Fantastic show & I know what u mean with the other.

have been watching it myself....a slow burner but very good.

another show i was watching on netflix was prison break,first few series were very addictive but have binned it after 4th...started to drag out the same old story time and time again.
I loved Prison Break..
I read the other day there might be a chance they are bringing it back!

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2015, 11:27:29 PM
Been watching The Affair on Sky.. seems decent enough so far, good plot (not just the obvious one) but I'm getting the odd glance/stare from the missus !!! not recommended if youve been a naughty boy

another show i was watching on netflix was prison break,first few series were very addictive but have binned it after 4th...started to drag out the same old story time and time again.
I loved Prison Break..

It's going to be a bit hard with that ending!

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2015, 11:38:57 PM

I loved Prison Break..

http://theliberal.ie/great-news-prison-break-fans-as-star-dominic-purcell-confirms-that-the-series-will-be-back/

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2015, 09:32:19 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2015, 11:38:57 PM

I loved Prison Break..

http://theliberal.ie/great-news-prison-break-fans-as-star-dominic-purcell-confirms-that-the-series-will-be-back/

Yeah but one of them is dead in the show..

RealSpiritof98

Need a recommendation for another binge view, loved Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, like the cliff hanger type stuff. Lots of babysitting coming up!!!