TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

BennyHarp

Just finished the first two series of Modern Family, didn't think it was something I'd enjoy but have been pleasantly surprised!
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
Just finished the first two series of Modern Family, didn't think it was something I'd enjoy but have been pleasantly surprised!

It's a brilliant comedy. Dips for a bit around S4 but picks up again.

Quote from: ballinaman on May 19, 2015, 10:37:30 AM
Never a fan when books are based on a TV show, always a let down. Should have just left GOT as a TV show...

Nobody biting there  :)

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on May 27, 2015, 09:52:02 PM
HD cinema app down!  :-\ :'(

I thought it was just something wrong with my connection last night, hopefully it is only a temporary issue.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 28, 2015, 08:19:27 AM

I thought it was just something wrong with my connection last night, hopefully it is only a temporary issue.

Showbox is still grand. There's a way round the requirement for MX Player. Download an app from the web (not the Play Store) called Grow Box. This tricks Show Box into thinking it's MX Player and then asked you to open with whatever app you prefer, including casting apps.

Milltown Row2

Been watching The Affair on Sky.. seems decent enough so far, good plot (not just the obvious one) but I'm getting the odd glance/stare from the missus !!! not recommended if youve been a naughty boy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 08:57:18 AM

Showbox is still grand. There's a way round the requirement for MX Player. Download an app from the web (not the Play Store) called Grow Box. This tricks Show Box into thinking it's MX Player and then asked you to open with whatever app you prefer, including casting apps.

Aye, I used Showbox instead and streamed it through Allcast.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 08:57:18 AM

Good man I will give that a whirl, as I showbox hasn't worked for me as of yet

Canalman

Halfwayish through Gotham. Tempted to bluebutton it . Seems to be really going nowhere tbh and I see there is close on 20 episodes in it.

Might give Sons of Anarchy another go after the carcrash that was S4 set alot in "Ireland".

heffo

Quote from: Canalman on May 28, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
Might give Sons of Anarchy another go after the carcrash that was S4 set alot in "Ireland".

I watched the rest of SOA after that series but have no idea what the hell was going on or happening - it seemed like the same story being recycled over and over

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on May 28, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
Halfwayish through Gotham. Tempted to bluebutton it . Seems to be really going nowhere tbh and I see there is close on 20 episodes in it.

Its one of two shows I have ever binned (Fortitude being the other).  I usually stick with a show if I have watched a few, but deleted it after the 12th episode.

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
Been watching The Affair on Sky.. seems decent enough so far, good plot (not just the obvious one) but I'm getting the odd glance/stare from the missus !!! not recommended if youve been a naughty boy
Fantastic show & I know what u mean with the other.

johnneycool

Quote from: Bingo on May 19, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
As far as I gather the TV series has diverted somewhat from the books, mainly due to the writing of the books been behind but the show writers and book writer know the end game and are still working to get there.

The series has been slower than previous years, probably due to the ending of the last and the closure it took to a lot of the plotlines and so many big characters getting the deadner! In hindsight, the first 5 seasons built up to the end of season 5 - the end of the war of the 7 kingdoms. It is now simmering along again and I think it is all building up to the very end over the remaining 3 or 4 seasons.

It hasn't had the shock moments of other seasons so far, was a couple of times last night when you where waiting for a twist or a kill but it never happened.

Its still intriguing though in a different way.

That aside those women of Dorne are well put together, no wonder Bronn was bleeding from his snout...
;D

nrico2006

Quote from: johnneycool on June 01, 2015, 10:58:38 AM
Quote from: Bingo on May 19, 2015, 09:44:29 AM
As far as I gather the TV series has diverted somewhat from the books, mainly due to the writing of the books been behind but the show writers and book writer know the end game and are still working to get there.

The series has been slower than previous years, probably due to the ending of the last and the closure it took to a lot of the plotlines and so many big characters getting the deadner! In hindsight, the first 5 seasons built up to the end of season 5 - the end of the war of the 7 kingdoms. It is now simmering along again and I think it is all building up to the very end over the remaining 3 or 4 seasons.

It hasn't had the shock moments of other seasons so far, was a couple of times last night when you where waiting for a twist or a kill but it never happened.

Its still intriguing though in a different way.

That aside those women of Dorne are well put together, no wonder Bronn was bleeding from his snout...
;D

That Dorne doll was unbelievable last week.

Orior

I watched the first part of a 3-part story and Fred and Rose West last night. It started by analysing both their parents and then reviewing their early years. Quite fascinating.

Why can such gruesome stories be so appealing?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians