TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2015, 12:05:51 PM
The Walking Dead is the best show on television....FACT.

I enjoy the show, but this season is probably more boring the season 2.

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on March 12, 2015, 12:18:47 PM

I enjoy it too, but its far from the best show on TV.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Wait till the next episode when Daryl turns into a Zombie and kills off Michonne.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2015, 01:35:48 PM

Wait till the next episode when Daryl turns into a Zombie and kills off Michonne.

**SPOILER ALERT***
Would be an improvement on Daryl weeping by the tree !

tyssam5

Quote from: Hardy on March 12, 2015, 11:47:43 AM
The latest episode of Better Call Saul (Ep. 6) was reminiscent of Breaking Bad at its best.

Absolutely slow to get going but the acting from 'Mike' there was just top notch.

blewuporstuffed

Fortitude picked up a bit last night, best episode of the series so far. It has been slow to get going though  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jeepers Creepers

ESPNs 30 for 30 series the other night about North Carolina State basketball team winning the 1983 National championships against all odds was a great show. Not a big fan of basketball but a must watch for all sports fans especially those who favour the underdog. If you were told the story verbally you wouldnt believe it.

DrinkingHarp

Watched the first episode of Breaking Borders on the Travel Channel here in the states tonight. Pretty good concept of bringing the opposite sides together for a dinner and discuss the conflict. Tonight was Palestine/Israel next week Northern Ireland.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/breaking-borders/episodes/mother-of-all-conflicts
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

JimStynes

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 13, 2015, 09:00:49 AM
ESPNs 30 for 30 series the other night about North Carolina State basketball team winning the 1983 National championships against all odds was a great show. Not a big fan of basketball but a must watch for all sports fans especially those who favour the underdog. If you were told the story verbally you wouldnt believe it.

I love the 30 for 30 shows. So many good ones to chose from. Very rarely one that you couldn't at least watch with interest for the hour.

charlieTully

finished a wee work stretch tonight so few beers and catch up with the telly. walking dead, boring for weeks but explodes into action tonight, classic cliffhanger TV, moved onto house of cards season 3, shaping up nicely after a slow start. and then go onto sons of anarchy, into season 3 there as well. house of cards warming up bigtime, sons is like a guilty pleasure after house of cards. totally far fetched story lines but strangely addictive.

screenexile

Jesus fortitude would melt your head!! The story's progressing bit by bit but there are so many loose ends after 9 episodes it's unreal... It could still turn out to be some Sci Fi Doctor Who dung (sorry Zig) but I'm hoping it wont. I'm hooked now though and will watch it to the end!!

charlieTully

Finished house of cards season 3. Super show.

ziggysego

Great to see Community back on TV again.
Testing Accessibility

Bingo

So The Walking Dead season 5 wrapped up last night. A fairly solid ending with no big obvious cliffhanger but a further story line to develop in next season.

Its been an up and down season, started really fast but slowed down somewhat and I think over the last few weeks has been a lot of filler.

As usual, its still the case of some genuine LOL moments when it comes to escaping or fighting off the zombies. Last night no exception with two in particular that I just laughed at!

Excited about the spinoff series starting in the summer "Fear the walking dead". Set in LA it covers the breakout from completely new and unrelated characters from current cast and is set more of the time of the breakout. Should be interesting and will be completely new rather than loosely based on the comics of Rick and the gang.

50fiftyball

Where do ye all get the time to watch these endless number of TV series on Netflix and various websites?
I'm not slating, I'm envious!! One episode leads to another as I learned with Breaking Bad, have watched nothing since it for the amount of time it ate up!