TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 09, 2015, 10:28:48 AM
I have a bad habit of sticking with shows once starting them, but Fortitude was the first I have ever pulled the plug on, think it was after episode 4.  I heard that the last two have been better but still won't be going back to it.  On another note, Better Call Saul has been brilliant.

I agree it was far too slow but the fact I've nothing better to do on a Thursday night has made me stock with it. In fairness it's become infinitely more intriguing and crazy. I have a rough idea where I think it's going but very little of it makes sense. It could still turn out to be a crazed Sci Fi plot but at least some shit is happening now!!

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: bennydorano on February 06, 2015, 10:00:02 PM
Wolf Hall on BBC2 really is a classy piece of work. Period pieces normally aren't my thing, but the mix of history, intrigue and quality of the drama is mesmerising.

Thought Wolf Hall was superb and Mark Rylance was brilliant as Thomas Cromwell.

JoG2

Canalman, Deadwood?! Get back on it, brilliant show

Banshee is still cooking, superb show

Any checked Backstrom ('Brilliant Detective, Total D1ck') ? Watched episode 1 last night and thought it was great craic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on March 09, 2015, 11:24:43 AM
I have a bad habit of sticking with shows once starting them, but Fortitude was the first I have ever pulled the plug on, think it was after episode 4.  I heard that the last two have been better but still won't be going back to it.  On another note, Better Call Saul has been brilliant.

I agree it was far too slow but the fact I've nothing better to do on a Thursday night has made me stock with it. In fairness it's become infinitely more intriguing and crazy. I have a rough idea where I think it's going but very little of it makes sense. It could still turn out to be a crazed Sci Fi plot but at least some shit is happening now!!
The same. I was all for giving if the heave-ho but the wife wants to stick with it just to find out what the hell it has all been about!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2015, 01:22:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 09, 2015, 11:24:43 AM

The same. I was all for giving if the heave-ho but the wife wants to stick with it just to find out what the hell it has all been about!
Im in the same boat with fortitude, i have watched i think 6 episodes of it now and im still not sure if i even like it or not.
the ending of the last episode was bizzare and gross in equal measure.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

I don't even know which episode I am on. This isn't a spoiler but it is the one that showed the wee lad with the chopping board etc. I'm still unsure what the man and daughter are doing out in the wilderness. I'm sure all will be revealed at some stage  :-\

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
I don't even know which episode I am on. This isn't a spoiler but it is the one that showed the wee lad with the chopping board etc. I'm still unsure what the man and daughter are doing out in the wilderness. I'm sure all will be revealed at some stage  :-\
There has been one episode since that Tony.
It wasnt one for those with a weak stomach. lets put it like that  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 09, 2015, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2015, 01:36:34 PM
There has been one episode since that Tony.
It wasnt one for those with a weak stomach. lets put it like that  :-\

It was horrific and fascinating at the same time... very very disturbing!!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Canalman

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 09, 2015, 03:09:31 PM
Been watching the  Reginald D Hunter series BBC 2.  Very interesting and it is probably still on the iplayer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11452470/Reginald-D-Hunters-Songs-of-the-South-BBC-Two-review-fascinating.html

Great to hear. Have it taped.

Banshee S2 up next to watch. Hopefully as good as S1.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 09, 2015, 03:09:31 PM
Been watching the  Reginald D Hunter series BBC 2.  Very interesting and it is probably still on the iplayer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/11452470/Reginald-D-Hunters-Songs-of-the-South-BBC-Two-review-fascinating.html

Stumbled upon that at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

nrico2006

The Walking Dead is hard to watch at the minute, talk about a borefest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

The latest episode of Better Call Saul (Ep. 6) was reminiscent of Breaking Bad at its best.

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 12, 2015, 08:58:44 AM
The Walking Dead is hard to watch at the minute, talk about a borefest.

i watch both The Waking Dead and Banshee on a Monday night, and its night and day regarding action and story. Will give TWD one more episode

laoislad

The Walking Dead is the best show on television....FACT.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.