TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Gold on January 21, 2015, 01:57:03 PM
Finished Breaking Bad last night. Great show but slow in parts too.  I found that like the Sopranos, after you watch it it's hard to remember specific incidents. All blends into one. Still though, its like an addiction, you cant stop until there's none left.

It was slow but I thought it lived up to the hype.  I finished it in December and had withdrawal symptoms from ABQ for a while, really got attached to the characters and setting.  Dexter has taken over now though, equally as good so far and I have only started season 4.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
new season of Banshee has started well

Good to hear. S1 was very enjoyable.

Main Street

In between the double episodes of The Spiral on BBC 4,  I have been watching Un Season Francais. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288631/
It is indeed the next best thing in French tv drama after The Spiral. It sets out to recount the drama of the German occupation of a French village as seen by the inhabitants, from the perspective of  collaborationists, the appeasers and the rebels. Josephine and Gilou from the Spiral are there,  Gilou is the stand out though. There are 6 seasons 6 pisodes each.
S1 is available on kickass unsubbed, subs  could only be found here http://www.addic7ed.com/show/3685
The whole lot is available on Bolt, hardsubbed.

5 Sams

Holocaust: Night will fall. On C4 aréir. Horrific stuff.....
The Aristocrat Years

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2015, 02:55:38 PM
In between the double episodes of The Spiral on BBC 4,  I have been watching Un Season Francais. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288631/
It is indeed the next best thing in French tv drama after The Spiral. It sets out to recount the drama of the German occupation of a French village as seen by the inhabitants, from the perspective of  collaborationists, the appeasers and the rebels. Josephine and Gilou from the Spiral are there,  Gilou is the stand out though. There are 6 seasons 6 pisodes each.
S1 is available on kickass unsubbed, subs  could only be found here http://www.addic7ed.com/show/3685
The whole lot is available on Bolt, hardsubbed.
Ms, I'd love to watch that, but what you've posted there is gibberish to a luddite like myself. Is there a simpler way of watching it? Cheers.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Canalman

Finished S3 of American Horror Story. Quirky but very watchable but never a dull moment. Hard to know whether to recommend the series or not as it may not be to alot of people's taste.

Bates Motel next . Hope it is good.

5 Sams

Had the misfortune to glimpse 5 minutes of Number 2s...BBC NI's new "comedy". It's as funny as a kick in the balls.
The Aristocrat Years

BennyHarp

Quote from: Canalman on January 21, 2015, 02:17:59 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 21, 2015, 01:57:45 PM
new season of Banshee has started well

Good to hear. S1 was very enjoyable.

Has season 3 started already?
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 21, 2015, 02:17:22 PM
Finished Breaking Bad last night. Great show but slow in parts too.  I found that like the Sopranos, after you watch it it's hard to remember specific incidents. All blends into one. Still though, its like an addiction, you cant stop until there's none left.

It was slow but I thought it lived up to the hype.  I finished it in December and had withdrawal symptoms from ABQ for a while, really got attached to the characters and setting.  Dexter has taken over now though, equally as good so far and I have only started season 4.

Season 4 is by far the best of them but it goes downhill quite quickly after it. John Lithgow is phenomenal in that series I nearly want to watch it again for his performance it's so unexpected it's brilliant!!

Newbridge Exile

4 episode in to 1st Series of Ray Donovan- really enjoying it so far

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on January 28, 2015, 09:32:02 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 21, 2015, 02:17:22 PM

Season 4 is by far the best of them but it goes downhill quite quickly after it. John Lithgow is phenomenal in that series I nearly want to watch it again for his performance it's so unexpected it's brilliant!!

Just finished 4 last night, brilliant stuff.  Might take a break before I hit into 5, love these shows but glad to have watched Dexter and Breaking Bad over the winter as these are the only two I wanted to watch that I hadn't previously (got Sopranos 2 years ago).  You end up with these shows taking over every spare minute you have which isn't good. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

themac_23

Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2015, 05:57:55 PM
Series 10 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia began at the weekend (in US - watched it on Showbox) began with a clinker episode.

Anyone looking a project could do worse than give this a go, first series or two a bit meh, but consistently superb from then on(bit Indie on it).

Danny Devito in it is something else, really funny, had me in stitches the way he gets on lol.

screenexile

Anybody watch Fortitude? Set up well with plenty of intrigue but if some Sci fi bullshit starts that'll be the end of it!!

bennydorano

Workaholics - Comedy Central sitcom. Funny as f**k, big in states, barely gets a mention here. Quality juvenile nonsense.