TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Wasn't too keen on Danish version either. Went on far too long and imo could have been easily made in 10 episodes. Dragged a fair bit and by the end I couldn't have cared less who killed her.

Borgen on the other hand is excellent although you may want to have some sort of interest in politics .

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: smort on January 20, 2015, 02:37:23 PM
Do not go near the US version of the killing, its diabolical in comparison to the original!!

I thought the US version was very good  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Do not go near the US version of the killing, its diabolical in comparison to the original!!

It was the US version I watched, and I thought it was good.

smort

I understand what you mean canalman, though I enjoyed the slow pace of season 1. Seasons 2 and 3 were shortened to 10 episodes each. Haven't watched borgen as of yet, but it is on the ever-growing list.

screenexile

Quote from: smort on January 20, 2015, 03:24:38 PM
I understand what you mean canalman, though I enjoyed the slow pace of season 1. Seasons 2 and 3 were shortened to 10 episodes each. Haven't watched borgen as of yet, but it is on the ever-growing list.

Borgen is very good but the last season was average enough.

smort

For me the Danish version is a classic, right up there with any other series I have watched. The US version is forgettable. They are actually quite different too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 20, 2015, 03:22:40 PM

I thought the US version was very good  :-\
So did I. Comparison with the Danish show is ridiculous as they are totally different.

Apparently so

Halfway through series 2 of homeland on this netflix thingy. Does it get any better or exciting? Carries face annoys me

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Apparently so on January 20, 2015, 08:56:03 PM
Halfway through series 2 of homeland on this netflix thingy. Does it get any better or exciting? Carries face annoys me
The last series was the best IMO. Her annoying face doesn't improve. Stick with it.

macdanger2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2015, 09:34:18 PM
The last series was the best IMO. Her annoying face doesn't improve. Stick with it.

Season 3 & 4 are muck. Skip straight to S5, you won't have missed anything

Smokin Joe

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 21, 2015, 12:34:15 AM

Pretty sure there has only been 4 seasons of Homeland.  I guess you mean skip 2 & 3.  Season 4 (just finished) was really enjoyable.

macdanger2

I watched the 2nd one, was very average so stopped watching and thought I had missed two seasons but maybe not. The most recent season is good

muppet

Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 21, 2015, 09:00:51 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 21, 2015, 12:34:15 AM

Pretty sure there has only been 4 seasons of Homeland.  I guess you mean skip 2 & 3.  Season 4 (just finished) was really enjoyable.

Near the end of it now. Very good.

Reading this I was hoping there was a much better 5th series waiting for me!
MWWSI 2017

Gold

Finished Breaking Bad last night. Great show but slow in parts too.  I found that like the Sopranos, after you watch it it's hard to remember specific incidents. All blends into one. Still though, its like an addiction, you cant stop until there's none left.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

JoG2

new season of Banshee has started well