TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Pullhard, I use Movie Box, loads of recent movies and any amount of TV shows, show box is the same I think
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

CitySlicker11

Do you have any links to those streaming websites? There seems to be so many when I search for them.

Square Ball

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on January 03, 2015, 03:32:39 PM
Do you have any links to those streaming websites? There seems to be so many when I search for them.
What are you putting it on? I used this one for the iPad and iPhone [url]http://installmoviebox.com[url]
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

JoG2

Quote from: pullhard on January 03, 2015, 11:41:59 AM
Is there a decent website for streaming tv shows and movies from ?

Couchtuner.eu for tv shows (minimum pop ups)

Stream movies and boxsets through the phone using showbox. Can either connect phone to the tv using a mhl to hdmi cable or download via showbox and copy onto laptop and connect it into the tv using a hdmi cable. 

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on January 03, 2015, 05:18:32 PM

Stream movies and boxsets through the phone using showbox. Can either connect phone to the tv using a mhl to hdmi cable or download via showbox and copy onto laptop and connect it into the tv using a hdmi cable.
Or just buy an ezcast  http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Measy-Miracast-AirPlay-Dongle-A2W-EZCast-for-Smartphone-PC-Mac-Projection-on-TV-/261355869570 and stream it direct from phone to TV with no wires.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Finished The Killing. Both of us enjoyed it and have to say I really liked the character Holder.

Now what will we watch?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on January 03, 2015, 07:00:07 PM
Finished The Killing. Both of us enjoyed it and have to say I really liked the character Holder.

Now what will we watch?
Halfway thru. Holder is a great character.

Finished Broadchurch S1 earlier today in time for S2 on Monday. House of Cards next month.

Geordie Shore has also finished  :'(

lenny

Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2015, 12:06:09 AM
Put last day off work to good use and downloaded & watched Broadchurch. First class show, don't  know how i missed it first time round, superb. Timed well too with the second series starting on monday.

Agreed, first series of broadchurch was great, looking forward to series 2. Just finished watching true detective and thought it was really top notch. Also still perservering with breaking bad but finding it tough going. What I dislike about it is that there are no charcters to root for, all of them are equally loathsome. Comparing it to other top shows like true detective there you have charcters who are flawed in many ways but also very likeable and you find yourself rooting for them. Unfortunately none of the main characters in breaking bad have that likeability factor and that makes the show very hard going.

pullhard

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2015, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 03, 2015, 05:18:32 PM

Or just buy an ezcast  http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Measy-Miracast-AirPlay-Dongle-A2W-EZCast-for-Smartphone-PC-Mac-Projection-on-TV-/261355869570 and stream it direct from phone to TV with no wires.

Cheers LL, i have a more, erm, basic phone. So this may not work. can from that site on the laptop to the telly?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: lenny on January 04, 2015, 10:09:10 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2015, 12:06:09 AM
Put last day off work to good use and downloaded & watched Broadchurch. First class show, don't  know how i missed it first time round, superb. Timed well too with the second series starting on monday.

Agreed, first series of broadchurch was great, looking forward to series 2. Just finished watching true detective and thought it was really top notch. Also still perservering with breaking bad but finding it tough going. What I dislike about it is that there are no charcters to root for, all of them are equally loathsome. Comparing it to other top shows like true detective there you have charcters who are flawed in many ways but also very likeable and you find yourself rooting for them. Unfortunately none of the main characters in breaking bad have that likeability factor and that makes the show very hard going.
Agree about breaking bad,  struggling big time to get throughit likeability (or lack of) any of the main characters being a major problem

nrico2006

I hated Jesse at the start but halfway through it I was started to take a shine to him.  Saw Broadchurch a few months ago and enjoyed it, not sure how likely it is though to have another murder in the same wee quiet town though so soon after the last one.

Just finished season 1 of Dexter and really enjoyed it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Newbridge Exile

Just finished Dexter  series 4 have enjoyed them , great show

Canalman

Agree, Dexter is a very watchable show. Some great villians in it played by great actors.

Saw Senna over the Christmas. Not a F1 fan at all but found it enjoyable if flawed.

NAG1

anyone watch the Nile programme on Channel 4 last night?

Very interesting, though it does make you wonder why these guys take such big risks with their own and other safety.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on January 05, 2015, 12:16:38 PM
anyone watch the Nile programme on Channel 4 last night?

Very interesting, though it does make you wonder why these guys take such big risks with their own and other safety.
Have seen it advertised and have it taped. Is he filming it himself or a film crew in tow as they generally get forgotten about when the onscreen talent are doing something dangerous?