TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: ballinaman on December 18, 2014, 09:25:00 AM
Turning into the TV whinge related thread...how about having a good chat with a family member, read a book or do a bit of exercise instead of having to sit through hours of 1st world torture...

I'd watch Emerdale to avoid the 3 things you mentioned there.

Honest to God.                           Emerdale.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ballinaman

Quote from: trileacman on December 18, 2014, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 18, 2014, 09:25:00 AM
Turning into the TV whinge related thread...how about having a good chat with a family member, read a book or do a bit of exercise instead of having to sit through hours of 1st world torture...

I'd watch Emerdale to avoid the 3 things you mentioned there.

Honest to God.                           Emerdale.
;D
Fair enough so...each to their own!

charlieTully

Marco polo on Netflix. Five episodes in. Really enjoying it.very good imo.

Windmill abu

Never underestimate the power of complaining

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on December 18, 2014, 09:04:07 AM

Still watching The Killing at the moment and even though we are really enjoying it, there have been entire episodes on fringe characters that just wasted time. Have to say I enjoy the character Holder.
It's in the nature of that drama for the plot to take you around various characters and leads which end up going into different (or the same) cul de sacs, but the rhythm of the investigation doesn't lose a beat.
How do you think the US version compares with the original  Danish production? 

Main Street

Tonight 9pm BBC4 are premiering the first series of the original Wallander tv series with the 'real' Wallander, Rolf Lassgard in the lead role.
I have watched  it a few years ago, but the download was a very grainy copy, encoded from a faded vhs tape.

Milltown Row2

What is the best, easiest site for downloading movies or for streaming them to the TV via the computer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Main Street on December 26, 2014, 06:01:29 PM
Tonight 9pm BBC4 are premiering the first series of the original Wallander tv series with the 'real' Wallander, Rolf Lassgard in the lead role.
I have watched  it a few years ago, but the download was a very grainy copy, encoded from a faded vhs tape.

Picture quality was pretty poor I thought last night
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Abble

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 27, 2014, 07:18:49 PM
What is the best, easiest site for downloading movies or for streaming them to the TV via the computer?

try tvaddons.ag
i have this installed on my laptop and it has 1channel, icefilms, genesis, etc.....for any movie and tv show i want basically
i then hook up the laptop to the tv

(watching the darts on sky here at the minute and during the ad break they're advertising free boxset deal of first 2 episodes for some good shows, they're having some laugh! everything on tvaddons you want)

ziggysego

Quote from: Orior on December 18, 2014, 12:56:08 PM
I watched a bit of the Keith Lemon film last night.

Nothing new, and peddling the same old joke. Why do people find this bollix funny?

Don't ask me, never found Keith Lemon funny.
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 26, 2014, 06:01:29 PM

Picture quality was pretty poor I thought last night
It was and no better on the HD channel. The original quality must have been dubious, filmed using vhs tapes. It's a pity because Rolf gives a masterclass Wallander performance amidst the fog of grainy vhs, mullets and volvo 240 estates.

bennydorano

Put last day off work to good use and downloaded & watched Broadchurch. First class show, don't  know how i missed it first time round, superb. Timed well too with the second series starting on monday.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2015, 12:06:09 AM
Put last day off work to good use and downloaded & watched Broadchurch. First class show, don't  know how i missed it first time round, superb. Timed well too with the second series starting on monday.
Same. Last 2 episodes tonight. The missus wanted to see it and was panicking to get it done before the new series started.

pullhard

Is there a decent website for streaming tv shows and movies from ?