TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 09, 2014, 03:53:25 PM
Anyone i said it to looks at me like im crazy!!!!

Anyone else watching The Missing?? Whos your money on?

Walter White.
MWWSI 2017

lenny

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 09, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
I have given up round the start of season 3. Its ok but nothing to write home about in my opinion.
I think my expectations were too high with everyone telling me it was best show ever on tv.

Give me wentworth any day.

Also watching that one of James Nesbitts at the minute on BBC1 The Missing. Great show imo.

Agree about the missing. Fantastic show so far. Really looking forward to tonight's show. i was about to give up on breaking bad after season 2 also but have persevered and have just finished season 3 which I enjoyed. Having said that I don't think it's the great show everyone makes it out to be. Not a patch on The Wire which is the benchmark for me.

screenexile

Quote from: lenny on December 09, 2014, 05:55:29 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 09, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
I have given up round the start of season 3. Its ok but nothing to write home about in my opinion.
I think my expectations were too high with everyone telling me it was best show ever on tv.

Give me wentworth any day.

Also watching that one of James Nesbitts at the minute on BBC1 The Missing. Great show imo.

Agree about the missing. Fantastic show so far. Really looking forward to tonight's show. i was about to give up on breaking bad after season 2 also but have persevered and have just finished season 3 which I enjoyed. Having said that I don't think it's the great show everyone makes it out to be. Not a patch on The Wire which is the benchmark for me.

Nah it keeps improving year on year with seasons 5 & 6 probably the finest seasons of TV ever made. I watched the first 2 seasons and left it as I thought it wasn't anything special. I'm glad I went back to it though as it ended up being superb.

tyrone girl

May give it another go over xmas hols as I have recorded them all from tg4!

Reckon in the missing that alls gonna lead back to hotel owners hubby and the mayor! Something not right about mark either!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 09, 2014, 08:45:21 PM
May give it another go over xmas hols as I have recorded them all from tg4!

Reckon in the missing that alls gonna lead back to hotel owners hubby and the mayor! Something not right about mark either!

Seems to be the general consensus from most but the mayor seems abit obvious and the show 'seems' slightly cleverer than that. A second series has been commissioned although the director has said he thinks the series has a proper ending and not a cliffhanger !?

andoireabu

Anybody watch Luther? Idris Elba is good in it and Ruth Wilson plays a very good physco.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

tyrone girl

His brother the hotel owner is dodgy I think! Dying to see how it pans out.

Tony Baloney

nrico2006

It seems too obvious to be the hotel owners hubby, I said from last week that theres just something not right with your man Flemyng's character.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone girl

I did think there was something not quite right about Mark though he slightly redeemed himself last night.

What about Sylvie? Thats the sobriety coin and it wasnt Alain who kept them it was her!

nrico2006

Quote from: tyrone girl on December 10, 2014, 10:36:02 AM
I did think there was something not quite right about Mark though he slightly redeemed himself last night.

What about Sylvie? Thats the sobriety coin and it wasnt Alain who kept them it was her!

Good point - never thought of it like that.  Just think it is too straight forward for it to be one of them.  There has to be linkage with some other party.  Or could Nesbitt be aware of someone else who would have a coin i.e. is sober that hasn't been explicitly mentioned.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: Main Street on November 30, 2014, 12:43:17 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on November 29, 2014, 11:09:24 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 23, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Has anyone watched Braquo?
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2012/jun/14/your-next-box-set-braquo

Yep, I've watched Braquo, very good......
I watched ep1 last night and it was very good. It's hard not to compare the storyline/genre to Vic and the The Shield.
But on first impression, the Paris wild bunch tick all the boxes.
Following on with Braquo, it loses its way with me after episode 6  S1.
Season 2 doesn't pick up at all. just gets progressively overdosed with typecast baddies and the anti-hero goodies.
The Shield is not seriously threatened by this drama at all.

CD

In fairness to The Fall, that was a very good episode tonight. He's a creepy flecker! Not much dialogue again!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CD on December 11, 2014, 10:10:28 PM
In fairness to The Fall, that was a very good episode tonight. He's a creepy flecker! Not much dialogue again!

Aye was alright but I've never seen a black police officer before in Belfast nor do Belfast people speak so slow!!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Actors required for TV show The Fall, no experience required so there isn't! Why's May McFetriidge not in it?