TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Homeland has been excellent over the past few epiosdes. Last nights on Channel 4- I was like 'No Way, they better not have....' 'Oh right'

Case of  :o :o :-\ :( ??? 8) :)

Hereiam

Have been watching series 2 of the Fall and after last night I don't think I will bother anymore.

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on November 24, 2014, 03:08:16 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 24, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Anyone watching this season of Homeland?
I think it's absolutely superb, and by far the best series yet. Episode 8 was as good as I've seen, but I've just seen Episode 9 and I thought it was even better!

Edge of the seat stuff!

Looking forward to watching it after work here. This series has been excellent as you've said. The Brody thing had run it's course and it was better to move away from it.

What do we reckon about the Fall? Yes it has been a bit slow but I think that has increased the anxiety of it and I've enjoyed it so far. Spoke to a mate at the weekend who has stopped watching it because it was too slow for him.

Homeland is pretty good at the moment. The Fall is ok also but a bit unsettling at times. The best show at the moment is The Missing with James Nesbitt. Halfway through it and it's the one I most look forward to watching.

BenDover

Quote from: lenny on November 24, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 24, 2014, 03:08:16 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 24, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Anyone watching this season of Homeland?
I think it's absolutely superb, and by far the best series yet. Episode 8 was as good as I've seen, but I've just seen Episode 9 and I thought it was even better!

Edge of the seat stuff!

Looking forward to watching it after work here. This series has been excellent as you've said. The Brody thing had run it's course and it was better to move away from it.

What do we reckon about the Fall? Yes it has been a bit slow but I think that has increased the anxiety of it and I've enjoyed it so far. Spoke to a mate at the weekend who has stopped watching it because it was too slow for him.

Homeland is pretty good at the moment. The Fall is ok also but a bit unsettling at times. The best show at the moment is The Missing with James Nesbitt. Halfway through it and it's the one I most look forward to watching.
Watching the 3 of these and really think Homeland has become unmissable, The Missing leaves ye asking plenty of questions and the Fall i think will pick up now the cat is out of the bag.

Under Lights

Agree with you regarding The Missing.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on November 24, 2014, 06:02:49 PM
The Missing is as slow as fcuk and I'll give it one more go tomorrow night.
The Fall is becoming frustrating. He should have been caught long ago. I haven't seen the latest episode yet mind you.
Yer ma. The Missing is just getting going.

nrico2006

The Missing has been slow, no need for 8 episodes but still enjoy it. 

Missed The Fall on Sunday night, do RTE not repeat it?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Series two of True detective is coming , with Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughan as the leads.
Rachel mcadams & Kelly Reilly in it aswell.
Looking forward to it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2014, 08:08:16 AM

On BBC on Thursday. A lot of Nordies complaining they couldn't watch it on Sunday night because RTE blocked it from Sky/Freeview & Virgin.

Thanks heavens for Hola Unblocker!!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on November 25, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

On BBC on Thursday. A lot of Nordies complaining they couldn't watch it on Sunday night because RTE blocked it from Sky/Freeview & Virgin.

Nordies complaining about something?? I don't believe you... 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Actually, I recorded it and got a strange message referring me to sky.com/error or something like that when I tried to watch it - I assumed it was due to me being out of space.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 25, 2014, 08:54:37 AM
Series two of True detective is coming , with Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughan as the leads.
Rachel mcadams & Kelly Reilly in it aswell.
Looking forward to it.

Taylor Kitsch too, unfortunately.

Pencilled in to air next summer. Should be great if the first season was anything to go by. The plot synopsis has a real "Chinatown meets the occult" feel about it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 25, 2014, 11:02:30 AM

Actually, I recorded it and got a strange message referring me to sky.com/error or something like that when I tried to watch it - I assumed it was due to me being out of space.
You'd have more space if you took those 10 Minute Teasers off series link.

Gabriel_Hurl

If The Fall went any slower it would be going backwards - how in the name of God they stretched this to 11 episodes I don't know.

JoG2

Quote from: Hereiam on November 24, 2014, 03:29:35 PM
Have been watching series 2 of the Fall and after last night I don't think I will bother anymore.

thinking the same but will no doubt see it through (its on at a nice time on Sunday evening).

Agree with the guys above re Homeland, superb season. The last episode was a cracker.

The Walking Dead is starting to get on my wick at the minute.

Anyone know when Hell on Wheels throws the gun belts back on?