TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The lack of a head shot would lead you to believe that Nidge would survive.  I was thinking the same about the vest, would the impact of a bullet on a vest still break skin though as there was blood as soon as he was shot each time.  The scene with Nidge and Siobhan was brilliant.  I was hoping Nidge would eat a bullet, was just hoping it was Fran who did it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Saw first 2 episodes of Bronntanas at the weekend. Not bad at all and well worth a watch. Read that it is a film broken into 4 episodes for TV. Is somewhat cliched and definitely has a Coen Bros feel about it.

Will be surprised if between the rugby win and Love Hate there will be space for anything else in the papers and the airwaves this week.

Croí na hÉireann

Was knackered watching Love/Hate late night, no end to the drama. Nothing to choose between Nadine/Aido and Siobhán/Nidge for the best scene.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 10, 2014, 12:29:36 PM
Was knackered watching Love/Hate late night, no end to the drama. Nothing to choose between Nadine/Aido and Siobhán/Nidge for the best scene.

I thought the tax disc eating scene was great, the whole episode was at such an intensity level and they just threw in that bit. An you know that has happened in the past.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 10, 2014, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 10, 2014, 12:29:36 PM

I thought the tax disc eating scene was great, the whole episode was at such an intensity level and they just threw in that bit. An you know that has happened in the past.

Aye, shades of the scene in Heat with that one. Except better.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mikehunt

Quote from: beer baron on November 09, 2014, 11:28:43 PM
Gobshite didn't shoot the nidge weasel in the head,he'll probably survive if they want to do another series. Hopefully that's it finished though,would be a great way to end it.

The traveller shoots two and leaves two witnesses behind. He only wanted to kill one. He's a bomb maker, he knows where his target lives and what he drives. Target doesn't know he knows. Leave a bomb, job done, no witnesses.

I loved the show and was glued to it every Sunday night but there were a lot of iffy plot lines. The bit where Siobhan went up to get the bone at the exact time that Fran arrived (having broken out of prison).  I mean what are the chances, adn the dogs didn't go near her either? Mind you, Breaking Bad was like that too.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on November 10, 2014, 07:58:37 AM
Gobshite didn't shoot the nidge weasel in the head,he'll probably survive if they want to do another series. Hopefully that's it finished though,would be a great way to end it.

Was thinking that. The Nidge weasel usually wears a vest. Boys in blue will still have a bone to pick with him though

There will be no evidence against Nidge though. Siobhan the star witness is gone, and the bone's not worth shite. Sure it has DNA from Siobhan, Deano, and Fran. Not even sure if Nidge's DNA will be near it.

Quote from: mikehunt on November 10, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

The traveller shoots two and leaves two witnesses behind. He only wanted to kill one. He's a bomb maker, he knows where his target lives and what he drives. Target doesn't know he knows. Leave a bomb, job done, no witnesses.

I loved the show and was glued to it every Sunday night but there were a lot of iffy plot lines. The bit where Siobhan went up to get the bone at the exact time that Fran arrived (having broken out of prison).  I mean what are the chances, adn the dogs didn't go near her either? Mind you, Breaking Bad was like that too.

There was probably a badge of honour for Paddy Ward to do the shooting himself. Traveller pride.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: mikehunt on November 10, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

Paddy showed in episode 3 (i think) when it is personal he likes to handle it personally. In that case it was with a knife

blewuporstuffed

Anyone been watching Peaky Blinders? or can you recommend any otehr show to get into. I need something new....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

muppet

Watching The Killing (US version) on Netflix.

Quite good.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 11, 2014, 02:42:31 PM
Anyone been watching Peaky Blinders? or can you recommend any otehr show to get into. I need something new....

Longmire - Don't be fooled by the "Good'ol Boy accents.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: muppet on November 11, 2014, 02:45:48 PM
Watching The Killing (US version) on Netflix.

Quite good.
yeah , i have watched it and thought it was excellent.
Also, true detective was in a similar vein.

I have longmire on the sky planner i think so  might give it a go.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Peaky Blinders is pretty good without being outstanding.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'