TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

New season of Homeland looks like it'll be good. No more of that Brody daughter crap.

TabClear

Did anyone watch The 100 on E4 over the summer. I know the post apocalypse, Sci fi series are not everyone's cup of tea but I though it was pretty good. Series 2 kicks off in the US this week so hopefully will be over here soon.

Couple of the lead characters are pretty easy on the eye which helps..

nrico2006

Quote from: TabClear on October 09, 2014, 07:18:01 AM
Did anyone watch The 100 on E4 over the summer. I know the post apocalypse, Sci fi series are not everyone's cup of tea but I though it was pretty good. Series 2 kicks off in the US this week so hopefully will be over here soon.

Aye, I watched it.  Thought it was good, a bit of talent in it, Raven being my favourite.  Half of the cast seem to have been on neighbours before though, your doll in the picture who was married to Boyd, Katya or something who was Anya and your man Bellamy was in Neighbours too after I stopped watching it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 09, 2014, 08:29:21 AM
Quote from: TabClear on October 09, 2014, 07:18:01 AM

Aye, I watched it.  Thought it was good, a bit of talent in it, Raven being my favourite.  Half of the cast seem to have been on neighbours before though, your doll in the picture who was married to Boyd, Katya or something who was Anya and your man Bellamy was in Neighbours too after I stopped watching it.

Geezus Nrico every TV show comment from you has the obligatory rating of talent too.  :)

Keep up the good work!  :)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Saw a programme on Saturday night on BBC 2 called The Gatekeepers. It was a series of interviews with high ranking Shin Bet agents over the last 40 years and their (very insightful) views on current Israeli political and militart strategy.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on October 13, 2014, 01:12:42 PM
Saw a programme on Saturday night on BBC 2 called The Gatekeepers. It was a series of interviews with high ranking Shin Bet agents over the last 40 years and their (very insightful) views on current Israeli political and militart strategy.

Is it on iplayer Gallsman??

Slightly off topic but has anyone seen this movie '71 yet?? Set in Belfast I believe.

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 13, 2014, 01:16:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 13, 2014, 01:12:42 PM

Is it on iplayer Gallsman??

Slightly off topic but has anyone seen this movie '71 yet?? Set in Belfast I believe.

Think it's on iPlayer - there was a special Newsnight Q&A which I missed following it. It was riveting.

Denn Forever

Heard a review of it on Radio and it was positive.  Used ulster actors so no cringeworthy accents.

Set in Belfast but filmed in Northern England towns as Belfast looks too good now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

laoislad

First two episodes of the new season of the Walking Dead now online.
Just watched them. Very good as always.

New season of Chicago PD started also. Very good as well.
First season of Turn is very good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Started a new series tonight called Stalker. 3 mins in I was already hooked.
Great opening to a new show.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on October 22, 2014, 11:22:49 PM
Must have been some early nudity in that show.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 22, 2014, 11:26:59 PM
Nope.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on October 22, 2014, 11:28:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 22, 2014, 11:26:59 PM
Nope.

Running a bit and then living happily ever after?
MWWSI 2017

LeoMc

Quote from: Bingo on October 06, 2014, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 06, 2014, 09:44:09 AM
Ole Nidge will be gettin what is coming to him. Time will tell if it can deliver.

With the nature of the show and the unglamorous side of the crimelord scene that it portrays I can't see Nidge surviving.

Warming up nicely. Patrick Ward is developing nicely as a character. Hard to figure out who will be left for the next series.

nrico2006

Quote from: LeoMc on October 27, 2014, 09:53:14 AM
Quote from: Bingo on October 06, 2014, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on October 06, 2014, 09:44:09 AM
Ole Nidge will be gettin what is coming to him. Time will tell if it can deliver.

With the nature of the show and the unglamorous side of the crimelord scene that it portrays I can't see Nidge surviving.

Warming up nicely. Patrick Ward is developing nicely as a character. Hard to figure out who will be left for the next series.

Think this is the last series so expect few to be standing.  Although I read that there may now be a sixth season also.  God only knows.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'