TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Surprised Love/Hate hasn't been mentioned yet.

Enjoyed last nights opening episode. Fast paced, tied up from last year and set up the rest of series, which will likely be Nidges survival.

Surely he can't get out of this?

Hereiam

Ole Nidge will be gettin what is coming to him. Time will tell if it can deliver.

Bingo

Quote from: Hereiam on October 06, 2014, 09:44:09 AM
Ole Nidge will be gettin what is coming to him. Time will tell if it can deliver.

With the nature of the show and the unglamorous side of the crimelord scene that it portrays I can't see Nidge surviving.

Shamrock Shore

Thankfully that baseball bat didn't get intimate with Fran's hole  :-[

God14

I missed love/hate last night - does it be repeated at all, or is there anywhere online I could watch it?

screenexile

Quote from: God14 on October 06, 2014, 10:00:48 AM
I missed love/hate last night - does it be repeated at all, or is there anywhere online I could watch it?

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10330741/

Download Hola Unblocker and you should be able to watch it.

nrico2006

Some amount of enemies Nidge has, a new one last night added to Fran, Bombmaker and the Belfast Ra man.  Wouldn't be surprised if he survived, but looks unlikely.  Didn't like to see Fran like a wee quivvering leaf last night, didn't suit him.  Found the direction of the show a bit jumpy last night, missed the first 3 minutes so dunno if there was something that set the stall out that I missed.  Siobhan has turned into a cracker the past few seasons. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Apparently so

Enjoyed that Love Hate opener last night. Sets it up brilliant for the series. I think Pauly will be seen as the new Darren. Should be plenty of action

Asal Mor

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 06, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
  Didn't like to see Fran like a wee quivvering leaf last night, didn't suit him. 

Nail on the head there nrico. The old, happy-go-lucky badass Fran was the best thing about this show, and he was always good for a few laugh out loud moments. I thought last night's episode was sh!te, to put it bluntly.

screenexile

**SPOILER ALERT**

Franno is a head case and a badass but as happens with most of these things he's getting to the point where he doesn't want to be Nidgys lapdog anymore and I think it's a natural progression of where the relationship was always going to go... it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Also Siobhan and the new guy. What's he gonna do when he finds out she's the rat?!

Man Marker

I really enjoyed 'Cilla', have been recording Tyrant, and looking forward to it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on October 06, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**

Franno is a head case and a badass but as happens with most of these things he's getting to the point where he doesn't want to be Nidgys lapdog anymore and I think it's a natural progression of where the relationship was always going to go... it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Also Siobhan and the new guy. What's he gonna do when he finds out she's the rat?!
At least you have manners to include a spoiler alert. I fully expect nrico to give a full run down on the last ever episode.

Agent Orange

Quote from: screenexile on October 06, 2014, 10:02:50 AM
Quote from: God14 on October 06, 2014, 10:00:48 AM

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10330741/

Download Hola Unblocker and you should be able to watch it.

It is repeated at 10.35pm on Tuesday.

Its going to go one of two ways. Nidge gets whacked or he ends up in jail. My money is on Fran going after the kn**ker with the tracker and then finding out that the Nidge wiesel was responsible for Linda's suicide.
Poor Lizzie has had better days, only out on bail and then that happens, I hope a similar fate awaits Elmo.

5 Sams

Million Dollar Listing NYC. Sky 107. Basically reality show about Manhattan Estate Agents selling apartments for millions of dollars. Mind boggling stuff!
The Aristocrat Years

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 08, 2014, 08:15:03 PM
Million Dollar Listing NYC. Sky 107. Basically reality show about Manhattan Estate Agents selling apartments for millions of dollars. Mind boggling stuff!

Must watch this. Heading to NYC next year so it'll get the mood going!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone