TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: bennydorano on September 23, 2014, 08:05:42 PM
Is Sons of Anarchy worth the effort? Looking for a new project, 4 episodes into Season 1 & i could go either way. Looks a bit hackneyed / cliched??

Stick with it - its a Very good show

I think there's a nice undercurrent of Hamlet running through it!

Bingo

I don't think I've watched any TV in months bar sport and the odd movie.

But am looking forward to see how Homeland and Walking Dead go, starting soon enough thankfully.

gallsman

Is Sons of Anarchy worth the effort? Looking for a new project, 4 episodes into Season 1 & i could go either way. Looks a bit hackneyed / cliched??

No. Absolutely not. Utter pish. The first couple of seasons are ok. I gave up after the third season filled with all the Belfast nonsense. Ridiculous plots with, at times, some truly terrible acting. Katey Sagal is brilliant in it though.

nrico2006

Peaky Blinders, Walking Dead, The Blacklist and The Fall all coming back soon - where will I get the time?  Thank god Falling Skies and The 100 are finishing.  Ray Donovan is nearing the end too.  Have stuck with Under The Dome but dunno for how much longer.  Boardwalk Empire been slow enough this season too considering its the final season.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Quote from: gallsman on September 24, 2014, 10:27:30 AM

No. Absolutely not. Utter pish. The first couple of seasons are ok. I gave up after the third season filled with all the Belfast nonsense. Ridiculous plots with, at times, some truly terrible acting. Katey Sagal is brilliant in it though.

She was better in Married With Children

Canalman

Quote from: WT4E on September 24, 2014, 09:56:47 AM

Stick with it - its a Very good show

I think there's a nice undercurrent of Hamlet running through it!

Yes and no. Very good imo until a series (4 I think) based alot in Ireland. Absolutely terrible accents and south California scenery passing for the Border region. Might actually have been ok for a non Paddy but just couldn't see past the awfulness.

Haven't gone back to it since but might do so in a while. It is loosely based on Hamlet alright.

Watched 2 episodes of Tyrant over the last two weekends and is alright so far. Based in a fictional middle east country and deals with the family of dictator.

Ethan Tremblay

Currently watching SOA at the moment, good but not great, the accents are ridiculously funny at times!

Stumbled across Banshee also, a good watch too would recommend!

Looking forward to The Walking Dead starting again in two weeks, they have somehow managed to keep it fresh and full of suspense despite my early concerns it would become redundant and repetitive!

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Tony Baloney

Anyone watching The Leftovers? The pilot episode had me thinking it will be another "Heroes" or similar that runs out of puff. Have still to watch episodes 2 and 3.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 24, 2014, 01:49:28 PM
Anyone watching The Leftovers? The pilot episode had me thinking it will be another "Heroes" or similar that runs out of puff. Have still to watch episodes 2 and 3.

Aye, watched the first few and its ok so far.  Sticking with it as its a HBO show but wondering where it will go. 

The Walking Dead was good towards the end of the last season but for a while it was pretty boring, seemed to be stuck in the prison for far too long. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

charlieTully

Is justified worth getting into. Apologies if it has been covered before

Minder

Really getting into Gomorrah, anyone else watching it ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

Generation War on Netflix is unreal! It's a mini series and each episode is an hour and half long I think. Really worth a watch.

bennydorano

Good show, was on BBC2 (or 4) a while back.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Minder on October 04, 2014, 07:52:52 PM
Really getting into Gomorrah, anyone else watching it ?

Aye, great show. Ciro is some boy.

5 Sams

I have a weird fascination with "Harrow: A very British school."
The Aristocrat Years