TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Oh sorry. I forgot to annoy the people who hate people who like Breaking Bad.

It's not a patch on Breaking Bad.

Canalman

Quote from: J OGorman on August 26, 2014, 11:31:49 AM
re Ray Donovan. Really enjoy the show. Season 2 is better than season 1. Watched episode 7 there last night and would never dream of giving ought away, but it was classic TV. Absolutely brilliant. IMDb has scored it 9.7/10. Some craic

Glad to hear that. Finishing up S1 and have to admit that I was going to give it the flick after the first 3 episodes which I thought were average. Definitely has picked up since then.

Also agree with Hardy about Martin Freeman in Fargo. Think he nails the part and character  very well and his accent is better that the "Carry on Cowboy" accent the other Brits and Irish actors use.

Often wonder if their accents are the equivalent of Dick van Dyck's cockney one in MFL.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J OGorman on August 26, 2014, 11:31:49 AM
re Ray Donovan. Really enjoy the show. Season 2 is better than season 1. Watched episode 7 there last night and would never dream of giving ought away, but it was classic TV. Absolutely brilliant. IMDb has scored it 9.7/10. Some craic
Watched it tonight on tv. Mick really a sleazy auld cnut  ;D

5 Sams

Anyone else watching Hotel India? Fascinating stuff. One of the most luxurious hotels in the world in a city with other people who struggle to survive???
The Aristocrat Years

ziggy90

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 29, 2014, 12:00:13 AM
Anyone else watching Hotel India? Fascinating stuff. One of the most luxurious hotels in the world in a city with other people who struggle to survive???

Have a look at this 5 Sams. Just finished a truly remarkable book " A Fine Balance" by Rohinton Mistry". It is a microcosm of Indian society in the 70,s. Don't let the subject matter put you off, it really is the most insightful look into the human spirit I have ever read.

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 29, 2014, 12:00:13 AM
Watched half of the first episode. 9000 quid a night for a suite in a city where over half the people live in slums  :o

Apparently so

Thought that last episode was brilliant stuff on Ray Donovan. The ending was class  ;D

bcarrier

Might be in a minority of one but Aidan Gillen gets on my t*ts.

As CJH  :'(

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: bcarrier on September 05, 2014, 10:47:31 PM

Haven't seen it, but he gets on my tits in everything I've seen him in
Hasta la victoria siempre

screenexile

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 09, 2014, 03:05:54 AM

If you've seen him in Calvary then he'll definitely get on your tits!!

WT4E

Don't mind Gillen but can see how he would get on someone's t*ts lol

On a side note - Anyone know when will Sons of Anarchy Season 6 will be on Netflix - Season 7 starts soon I think and I'm sick waiting on SOA 6 to come on Netflix. Might just go buy the DVD's but was thinking - I'll do that today and they'll be on Netflix tomorrow knowing my luck!

Hardy

When did men start sporting tits (for things to get on)?

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on September 09, 2014, 10:47:20 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 09, 2014, 03:05:54 AM

If you've seen him in Calvary then he'll definitely get on your tits!!

He suits that slimey bollox roll like he has in the Game of Thrones pretty well all the same.

Milltown Row2

The Leftovers on Sky Atlantic next week, any of the tv heads seen it? Any good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Newbridge Exile

Season 3 finished of Breaking Bad , without  a doubt it is a great show but (in my opinion anyway ) its not on a level with The Wire .