TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on July 25, 2014, 11:33:43 AM
Anyone followed Ray Donovan?

Skipped by it a couple of times but last night decided to take the plunge and having looked at a few reviews and the cast list decided it might be worth a watch. Well the 1st episode was the corniest piece of shite I watched in ages with far too much going on. Anyone followed it through? Is it worth persevering with?

Watched them all so far, very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Skipped by it a couple of times but last night decided to take the plunge and having looked at a few reviews and the cast list decided it might be worth a watch. Well the 1st episode was the corniest piece of shite I watched in ages with far too much going on. Anyone followed it through? Is it worth persevering with?

Watched 1st episode last night myself.Thought it was fine, the usual type of start introducing the characters.

Orior

I watched Coogan's Run last night. Hilarious and had me laughing out loud.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

foxcommander

Silicon Valley. Great stuff.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: foxcommander on July 28, 2014, 07:55:52 PM
Silicon Valley. Great stuff.
I ve enjoyed it so far as well. good show.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2014, 08:41:59 AM

Watched them all so far, very good.
Same - including start of S2. Not The Sopranos but definitely not bad.

thewobbler

Started and abandoned any number of box sets on Netflix over the past few months.

24 is appalling. Suits is dirge. Couldn't warm to Dexter. Justified didn't do it for me. The Shield was okay but couldn't suck me in.

But Sons of Anarchy is promising. Tuning in every night and looking forward to it. Could be the one.

5 Sams

Quote from: thewobbler on July 31, 2014, 08:58:02 PM
Started and abandoned any number of box sets on Netflix over the past few months.

24 is appalling. Suits is dirge. Couldn't warm to Dexter. Justified didn't do it for me. The Shield was okay but couldn't suck me in.

But Sons of Anarchy is promising. Tuning in every night and looking forward to it. Could be the one.

Where d fcuk do you get the time??.
The Aristocrat Years

J OGorman

Jayzus, I must be easy pleased

NAG1

Quote from: J OGorman on July 31, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

Jayzus, I must be easy pleased

Easily one of the best TV Series made in the recent past, if you couldnt get into that then maybe time to put the remote down  ;)

Canalman

Sons of Anarchy is excellent up until S4 . For Irish viewers ( you will realise at that time ) and probably no one else S4 is atrocious. Stopped my viewing of the whole series dead in its tracks but hope to shortly try S5.
Based loosely on a Shakespeare play as you probably have worked out by now.

thewobbler

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 31, 2014, 10:11:09 PM

Where d fcuk do you get the time??.

I make sure to keep just one hour a day to myself 5Sams, which I always spend on the couch!

mauricemoss

Didn't know what thread to put this in so I thought this would as good as any.

Does anyone know of any free sites for watching or downloading for free? I used to use the 1channel but it seems to have been taken down. Also tried coke and popcorn but it is no use for me now for some reason.

I'm looking to watch Game of Thrones, I'm halfway through the first series and need my fix lol.

Any help greatly appreciated.

charlieTully

Quote from: mauricemoss on August 04, 2014, 05:31:02 PM
Didn't know what thread to put this in so I thought this would as good as any.

Does anyone know of any free sites for watching or downloading for free? I used to use the 1channel but it seems to have been taken down. Also tried coke and popcorn but it is no use for me now for some reason.

I'm looking to watch Game of Thrones, I'm halfway through the first series and need my fix lol.

Any help greatly appreciated.

afdah good for streaming.

mauricemoss