TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotshot Hamish

Anyone watching Fargo? I think it's very good.

whiskeysteve

Good Game of Thrones penultimate episode last night. Without wanting to spoil it too much for only the 2nd time in the show the entire episode was all centred on one location and basically around one major battle - so a good epic watch once again. Looking forward to the finale next week.

Heard from a friend they are starting shooting for season 5 over here next week.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

WT4E

Anyone see the Beckham Documentary last night.

Bit boring I thought what did anyone else think?

God14

Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2014, 09:32:16 AM

I seen it was trending on twitter so switched it on for half hour.
I wasted 30 mins watching a man devoid of any humour or character, undertake a completely pointless journey.
Boring is putting it mildly WT4E

WT4E

Quote from: God14 on June 10, 2014, 10:12:38 AM

I wasted 30 mins watching a man devoid of any humour or character, undertake a completely pointless journey.

Yeah your right.

I was wondering if it was all an act throughout or is that the way he really is off camera? - Very wooden - trying to remain looking cool at all times at the expense of having a bit of character!

And the group of "friends" seemed like they were hired.

On the other hand I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was good (and I'm not a man u fan!)

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2014, 10:20:32 AM

Yeah your right.

I was wondering if it was all an act throughout or is that the way he really is off camera? - Very wooden - trying to remain looking cool at all times at the expense of having a bit of character!

On the other hand I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was good (and I'm not a man u fan!)

I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was the biggest amount of dross that was ever put on TV... it was horrible!

CiKe

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 10, 2014, 09:21:03 AM
Good Game of Thrones penultimate episode last night. Without wanting to spoil it too much for only the 2nd time in the show the entire episode was all centred on one location and basically around one major battle - so a good epic watch once again. Looking forward to the finale next week.

Heard from a friend they are starting shooting for season 5 over here next week.

Only a pity he wouldn't hurry up and write the rest of the books so we don't have to wait a year for each new series. I'd say there is a risk that the series starts catching up to point that there is either more than 1yr between series or they need to be very choosy about what to include

gallsman

Quote from: CiKe on June 10, 2014, 11:41:29 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 10, 2014, 09:21:03 AM

Only a pity he wouldn't hurry up and write the rest of the books so we don't have to wait a year for each new series. I'd say there is a risk that the series starts catching up to point that there is either more than 1yr between series or they need to be very choosy about what to include

Unfortunately, the TV show has started to catch up already. This season has had what could be constituted as spoilers to fanboys of the books like myself. GRRM has given the producers the jist of the full story and a couple of things appeared this season that haven't been in the books yet.

Slightly more worryingly, GRRM revealed last week that he might have to extend it to 8 books, having originally planned it as a trilogy. He's a morbidly obese 67 year old who writes the books at a pace of one every 3-5 years...

Billys Boots

I understand that Book 6 is 'due' for publication sometime in 2015 - as the 5th series begins filming this week, I think it's safe to say they'll have caught up. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

front of the mountain

Finished first two series of Vikings, good enough show - filmed in Ireland to I believe!

WT4E

Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2014, 11:33:18 AM

Yeah your right.

I thought the Ryan Giggs documentary was the biggest amount of dross that was ever put on TV... it was horrible!

The reason I liked it was from the point of view of getting to see how things work in the back ground and how impressive the whole Man U set up is.

Tony Baloney

Yeah your right.

I watched some of the Beckham documentary last night and on paper it looked like an ad for Brand Beckham (at license-fee payers expense - people of S. Armagh can relax!) but it was just a bit dull.

The Giggs one was okay I thought just for the snippets behind the scenes over a short period of time when he was "the gaffer".

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2014, 01:18:04 PM

Yeah your right.

I watched some of the Beckham documentary last night and on paper it looked like an ad for Brand Beckham (at license-fee payers expense - people of S. Armagh can relax!) but it was just a bit dull.

The Giggs one was okay I thought just for the snippets behind the scenes over a short period of time when he was "the gaffer".

Anything about Super Injunctions,Imogen Thomas or riding his brothers wife in it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2014, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2014, 01:18:04 PM

Yeah your right.

Anything about Super Injunctions,Imogen Thomas or riding his brothers wife in it?
Sure they can't ask him about a super injunction  ;)

Bingo

I thought Freddie Flintoffs one about the amazon was much more interesting and he had a reason for doing the trip ie look at now the people in that region have to live off the Amazon reason and why/how. He far more comfortable in front of the camera as well and isn't too bothered about the brand.

Plus he used peddle power rather than motorbike.