TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

front of the mountain

Really enjoyed Season 2 of Houses of Cards (expect the Meechum scene - u know it when you see it :-\ ) Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor.

Just started True Detective  seems very good as well!

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2014, 08:39:43 AM
Watched Episode 6 of True Detective, unbelievable.  Can't wait for the next two so have them on disc here for tonight.  Noticed Dion Dublin there, uncanny resemblence.

I can tell you how it ends if you want?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2014, 04:09:17 PM
Watched Episode 6 of True Detective, unbelievable.  Can't wait for the next two so have them on disc here for tonight.  Noticed Dion Dublin there, uncanny resemblence.

Please do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2014, 04:09:46 PM

Please do.

Marty is the killer.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

charlieTully

Quote from: Apparently so on March 27, 2014, 12:06:37 AM
Finished Breaking Bad. Was quite good but not as I was expected tbh. Doesn't come anywhere near The Sopranos for me but still a good show. Was delighted for Jesse, poor b**tard

But seriously, some of the most annoying characters in the history of television. Marie is annoying, Walt Jr is a dick but thon Skylar is the most hateful hoor. I know its only a TV character but jesus christ, I hated her. Considered turning it off many times because of her but stuck with it. Hard going though

Big Huell was a good character, should have been more of him

would agree with this, it was good but I cant understand all the talk of it being better than the sopranos which imo it the best tv ever made. you couldn't like walt junior and skylar if you raised them yourself.

Syferus

Game of Thrones season 4 starts this Sunday on HBO. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hardy

Quote from: laoislad on March 31, 2014, 04:15:24 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 31, 2014, 04:09:46 PM

Please do.

Marty is the killer.

I knew it when I saw him heading into the billiard room with the lead pipe.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
Game of Thrones season 4 starts this Sunday on HBO. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

While I think the show is excellent, having read the books I just can't get excited about it knowing what's going to happen.

nrico2006

Finished True Detective last night, unbelievable show.  Harrelson and McConaghey were brilliant throughout.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Halfway through S3 of Game of Thrones. Finding it hardish to keep up with all the characters in it though. Really need your wits about you imo to watch it. Intend reading the books after this.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Canalman on April 01, 2014, 09:56:42 AM
Halfway through S3 of Game of Thrones. Finding it hardish to keep up with all the characters in it though. Really need your wits about you imo to watch it. Intend reading the books after this.

Yeah thats the only drawback for me. Perhaps too many characters and when you think your understanding them it moves on to someone entirely different.

nrico2006

Same here, very hard to remember all the Kingdoms/lands and current characters as well as ones that were from the past such as the Tagaerean dynasty etc.

Anyone watched XIII or Believe?

Billys Boots

I read somewhere that there are over 1000 named characters in the books at this point. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

You should have done that in school! Way too late for you now.  ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Finally finished breaking bad. Very happy with how it ended. I think everything got wrapped up nicely apart from what happens next for Jesse. I wanted a little more closure there. All in all a fantastic series and up there in my top 5 tv shows.
Homeland hasn't made it on to Netflix USA unfortunately but hope to start that next.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight