TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Episode 5 of True Detective last night - no idea how this will pan out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

watched the full series of 'The Fall' on a long flight there last week. thought it was very good.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

Episode 5 the other night was unbelievable.  So gripping.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2014, 11:19:53 AM
My backlogged queue of unwatched dramas is getting too long, Silk S3  Breaking Bad s5  House of Cards S2  etc etc and now  the randy sleeper agents are back in The Americans. I didn't think that drama would  catch enough attention in the USA to warrant another series, maybe it's a case of the positive review kept it going.
The original storyline was a great place to start, how soviet spies could become a normal american couple, could raise a normal family, amidst a life of espionage and a web of duplicity  and still come out smelling apple pie.

Great start to this season but then it seemed to drag a bit. Perhaps that was because season 1 was so good!! Building for season 3 most likely, which is in the pipeline I think.

Denn Forever

Watched "Soap" last night on You Tube.  Jeez it  was a great comedy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 24, 2014, 08:35:08 AM

Yep it was brilliant up there with S307 of Breaking Bad. Quality TV.
#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 26, 2014, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 24, 2014, 08:35:08 AM

Yep it was brilliant up there with S307 of Breaking Bad. Quality TV.
just finished true detective.
Not quite up up there with breaking bad/ the wire imo, but very very good TV all the same , and nice to have a series wrapped up in 8 episodes like that. I hope they make a few more of them.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AFS

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 26, 2014, 03:43:43 PM
just finished true detective.
Not quite up up there with breaking bad/ the wire imo, but very very good TV all the same , and nice to have a series wrapped up in 8 episodes like that. I hope they make a few more of them.

Snap.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Apparently so

Finished Breaking Bad. Was quite good but not as I was expected tbh. Doesn't come anywhere near The Sopranos for me but still a good show. Was delighted for Jesse, poor bastard

But seriously, some of the most annoying characters in the history of television. Marie is annoying, Walt Jr is a dick but thon Skylar is the most hateful hoor. I know its only a TV character but jesus christ, I hated her. Considered turning it off many times because of her but stuck with it. Hard going though

Big Huell was a good character, should have been more of him

ziggy90

Enjoying what I've seen so far of True Detective, but could someone explain to me, how Brother Mouzone and Dion Dublin came to be cast as cops??
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ONeill

Episode 6 tonight of True Detective....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J OGorman

Quote from: Apparently so on March 27, 2014, 12:06:37 AM
Finished Breaking Bad. Was quite good but not as I was expected tbh. Doesn't come anywhere near The Sopranos for me but still a good show. Was delighted for Jesse, poor b**tard

But seriously, some of the most annoying characters in the history of television. Marie is annoying, Walt Jr is a dick but thon Skylar is the most hateful hoor. I know its only a TV character but jesus christ, I hated her. Considered turning it off many times because of her but stuck with it. Hard going though

Big Huell was a good character, should have been more of him

I hear ye on Skylar. No matter who Walt was dealing with in the criminal underworld, the most stress was when he was at home with the wife..women are mad

nrico2006

Watched Episode 6 of True Detective, unbelievable.  Can't wait for the next two so have them on disc here for tonight.  Noticed Dion Dublin there, uncanny resemblence.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

southdown

House of Cards is on Netflix with Kevin Spacey, very good so far after the 7 episodes I have watched.