TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gallsman on February 18, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
Bit of a change in True Detective over last couple of episodes as the pace begins to pick up. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Just watched Ep5 last night and it really is starting to gather pace, saying that i liked the first few episodes that were a lot slower and character based as well.
Only 3 episodes left now
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

Anyone watching House of Cards?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

God14

I watched the first 3 episodes of the 1st Series last year ONeill & wasn't struck on it
Hearing good reports now though & thinking of giving it another go on Netflix

Would you recommend?

BennyHarp

Quote from: ONeill on February 18, 2014, 04:08:28 PM

Watched the first series a few months ago and thought it was superb. Spacey is excellent
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

I think Tomy Baloney has a real hard-on for House Of Cards.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Not quite the West Wing but thoroughly enjoyable. Last few eps of Season 2 weren't great.

Billys Boots

Yeah, first three episodes of series-2 watched - very enjoyable in its cynicism.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 18, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

Yeah, first three episodes of series-2 watched - very enjoyable in its cynicism.

Watched the 1st 6 episodes of series 2.

Excellent so far.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

The first season of the USA version of  House of Cards was decent enough, similar in standard to the English one, but without the single most compelling reason for watching it,  namely the performance of Ian Richardson, without him it's just ..... shallow.

I watched episodes 4 and 5 of True Detective together, quite frankly this drama is top level. pity they are moving so fast i could with a slower pace. Each episode  alone is worth stretching out to 4 or 5 episodes.
I didn't realise that one of the detectives behind the camera is none other than Brother Mouzone from The Wire.

Borgen Bridge 2 was okay, I like the characterisations, they're just spot on and well built, but the plot is quite frankly ridiculous. I know Sweden has an anti terrorist squad but they do féck all, maybe if they can be bothered  they tackle the odd right wing fanatic
Notice just how much of a police state it is, no warrants required for most police activity, bugging, searching homes, arrest.
It's a fascist state with a liberal paint job of tolerance.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2014, 09:10:54 PM
The first season of the USA version of  House of Cards was decent enough, similar in standard to the English one, but without the single most compelling reason for watching it,  namely the performance of Ian Richardson, without him it's just ..... shallow.

I watched episodes 4 and 5 of True Detective together, quite frankly this drama is top level. pity they are moving so fast i could with a slower pace. Each episode  alone is worth stretching out to 4 or 5 episodes.
I didn't realise that one of the detectives behind the camera is none other than Brother Mouzone from The Wire.

Borgen 2 was okay, I like the characterisations, they're just spot on and well built, but the plot is quite frankly ridiculous. I know Sweden has an anti terrorist squad but they do féck all, maybe if they can be bothered  they tackle the odd right wing fanatic
Notice just how much of a police state it is, no warrants required for most police activity, bugging, searching homes, arrest.
Either Broen 2 or Denmark if Borgen 2.

Watched 5 episodes - good show. Finished by the weekend then onto True Detective.

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 18, 2014, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2014, 09:10:54 PM

Borgen 2 was okay, I like the characterisations, they're just spot on and well built, but the plot is quite frankly ridiculous. I know Sweden has an anti terrorist squad but they do féck all, maybe if they can be bothered  they tackle the odd right wing fanatic
Either Broen 2 or Denmark if Borgen 2.

Yeah the Bridge,  Borgen is more one to get the knitting out for and watch.

laoislad

First two episodes back after the mid series break in The Walking Dead have been excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tbrick18

Started watching The Following with Kevin Bacon at the weekend.
Not bad.

ONeill

Quote from: God14 on February 18, 2014, 04:11:59 PM
I watched the first 3 episodes of the 1st Series last year ONeill & wasn't struck on it
Hearing good reports now though & thinking of giving it another go on Netflix

Would you recommend?

It's good. Not brilliant but enjoyable. I prefer this to The West Wing which was too clean and sentimental.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 18, 2014, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 18, 2014, 03:44:25 PM
Bit of a change in True Detective over last couple of episodes as the pace begins to pick up. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Just watched Ep5 last night and it really is starting to gather pace, saying that i liked the first few episodes that were a lot slower and character based as well.
Only 3 episodes left now

Where are ye watching it lads? Netflix? Starts on SKY Atlantic this weekend. Really looking forward to it.
The Aristocrat Years