TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

The Following season1 was good enough, season 2 has started really well. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: Rois on January 31, 2014, 10:43:43 AM
Quote from: Canalman on January 31, 2014, 10:41:41 AM
4 episodes into the Following. Humming and hawing about whether to continue further. Seems glossy but lacking a bit of substance so far.
You're on Series 1?  I loved it.  Lots of twists to come.

Series 2 I'm not so sure about after two episodes.

Thanks anyway Rois. Gave up on it after the episode in the house in the countryside.

Now halfway through Banshee S1............ very good so far.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gallsman on January 30, 2014, 10:01:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 30, 2014, 02:03:01 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2014, 11:56:03 PM
Three episodes in and True Detective is getting very, very good.
It's excellent.
Great set of tits in episode 2 aswell  ;D

Alexandra Daddario. A special one.

Episode 4 is unreal

Billys Boots

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 12, 2014, 03:18:41 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 30, 2014, 10:01:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 30, 2014, 02:03:01 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2014, 11:56:03 PM
Three episodes in and True Detective is getting very, very good.
It's excellent.
Great set of tits in episode 2 aswell  ;D

Alexandra Daddario. A special one.

Episode 4 is unreal

Mental.  Bizarre. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Anyone watched the pilot of Bosch yet? Loved all the books but the transfer of crime novels to tv generally is a bit shit as they have to fit several hundred pages into 60 mins (Rebus!).

gallsman

Brave call after four episodes but I think True Detective might finally replace the giant Wire shaped hole in my life after five years. HBO are the masters.

Given structure of the show, difficult to see how they can get more than one or two seasons out of it though.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
Brave call after four episodes but I think True Detective might finally replace the giant Wire shaped hole in my life after five years. HBO are the masters.

Given structure of the show, difficult to see how they can get more than one or two seasons out of it though.

There are only 8 episodes in this series and then any further series will follow a different story with different characters
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gallsman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 12, 2014, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 12, 2014, 04:07:14 PM

There are only 8 episodes in this series and then any further series will follow a different story with different characters

Has that been confirmed? Four episodes to tell the story of the "catch" of the 1995 perp, relate it to the present day murder and then (presumably) catch this one seems ambitious.

Billys Boots

Wikipedia says 8 episodes alright; seems to be reliable sources quoted.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gabriel_Hurl

Yep - from the creator

QuoteThere could be a season that's much more of a widespread conspiracy thriller, a season that's a small‑town murder mystery, a season where nobody is murdered and it's a master criminal versus a rogue detective or something. Even the title, True Detective, is meant to be, of course, purposefully somewhat generic – the word "true" can also mean honorable and authentic and things like that. So as long as there is some crime in there, I think the series format can approach it.

gallsman

Boo. I loved the way the Wire explored different themes but with same characters. Hopefully TD can do the same.

Just to piss all the fanboys off, four episodes of True Detective >>> five seasons of Breaking Bad.

laoislad

I haven't seen episode 4 yet but I'm sure nrico will be along any minute to tell us what happened....
First 3 episodes have been great,even the title music is excellent!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Going to start watching it tonight... very much looking forward to it!

Apparently so

Nearly at the end of season 2 of thon Breaking Bad craic. Whats all the fuss about? Rather poor so far

I see the next season of Love/Hate will be the last. Will be 12 episodes in this one. First 3 seasons were brilliant, season 4 was awful. They made a mistake with Darren in season 3

The Iceman

waiting to watch season 4 of love/hate
they should have worked it that tommy took the fall for all the shenanigans with the RA
cant imagine season 4 without him.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight