TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2014, 05:26:46 PM
Finished Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy there - happy with it - not as nail biting as some of them but definitely worth watching.
Has anyone watch "Arrow"? I watched an episode last night but not sure if I want to commit.....

Watched all Sons of Anarchy until the abysmal Season 4 in "Ireland". Put me off the series full stop . Doubtful I will return.

Halfway through Dracula and it is actually quiet good. Nice twist on the Van Helsing/Dracula thing.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on January 20, 2014, 11:25:57 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2014, 05:26:46 PM
Finished Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy there - happy with it - not as nail biting as some of them but definitely worth watching.
Has anyone watch "Arrow"? I watched an episode last night but not sure if I want to commit.....

Watched all Sons of Anarchy until the abysmal Season 4 in "Ireland". Put me off the series full stop . Doubtful I will return.

Halfway through Dracula and it is actually quiet good. Nice twist on the Van Helsing/Dracula thing.

Just finished Dracula the other night, dunno what to make of the whole series.  Been trying hard to make myself really like it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2014, 05:24:34 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 07, 2014, 04:19:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2014, 10:47:45 PM
Liking the look of True Detective.

http://m.hbo.com/true-detective/

When does it start?

Don't think a date other than "February" has been announced, Sky Atlantic here.

Watched the first episode (a download) last night - it's certainly different(ish).  Impressed by McConaughey - will follow this with interest. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggysego

Started watching Modern Family on Netflix over the weekend. How have I missed this until now? It's bloody hilarious!
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 20, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

When does it start?

Watched the first episode (a download) last night - it's certainly different(ish).  Impressed by McConaughey - will follow this with interest.
I will leave it til shown on tv as experiencing a serious backlog of stuff to get through and House of Cards 2 starts on 14th Feb on Netflix. This pressure must be what it feels like to be a surgeon or astronaut.

laoislad

I watched first few episodes of True Detective last night. I think it's excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

what channel is showing true detective?
is it available for download yet?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

First two episodes are up on Torrents and Showbox.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

southdown

Getting into Dexter, its very good but I don't think anything will top Breaking Bad I'm afraid.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 20, 2014, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 20, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

When does it start?

I will leave it til shown on tv as experiencing a serious backlog of stuff to get through and House of Cards 2 starts on 14th Feb on Netflix. This pressure must be what it feels like to be a surgeon or astronaut.

Actually is pretty stressful when you have so much taped.  I am on a bit of a break now, Game of Thrones and Dracula finishing up leaves me just with Person Of Interest, but I think The Following is back soon and True Detective is on too soon.  Getting through the Harry Potter films at the minute too.  I see there is a new 1920's era show starting on Sky made by The Walking Dead creator and starring Shane from the same show.  Might give it a go too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watch that show 'Dont look down' on channel 4 about the free climbers?
some crazy crazy stuff, actually hard to watch at times
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

smort

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 20, 2014, 03:00:33 PM
didnt see it last night, was watching the nfl. i will get it on catchup tonight though. Seen the adverts for it last week, is it one guy they follow or is it a group? even the adverts were scary to watch

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: smort on January 20, 2014, 03:06:06 PM
didnt see it last night, was watching the nfl. i will get it on catchup tonight though. Seen the adverts for it last week, is it one guy they follow or is it a group? even the adverts were scary to watch
havent got to watch it all yet, but it seemed to be mainly one guy, but it showed other aswell

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 20, 2014, 03:08:43 PM
Quote from: smort on January 20, 2014, 03:06:06 PM
havent got to watch it all yet, but it seemed to be mainly one guy, but it showed other aswell

Was madness, made my stomach turn each time he went up, lethal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Arrah lads, Haley is after dying..