TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteWas certainly action packed and a bit mad. It will definately make the second half of the season interesting and back to the early days of survival. Wonder will it go much more down the road of the comics.

After series two I thought it had moved away from the core of the Comics plus the comic series isn't finished yet. Had just aboy given up after series 3 but have started series 4 which is enjoyable, need a spoiler function on this board.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Quote from: CD on December 10, 2013, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2013, 08:32:47 AM
This is a thread for TV show recommendations. I'm sure the anti-Semitism during WWII thread is elsewhere.

Well said Tony

Finished watching Generation War last night. As a piece of TV I thought it was excellent. Reminded me in parts of 'All Quiet on the Western Front' - the book.

I'd strongly recommend it to anyone - it had me gripped all the way through. 4 hours really well spent. Mrs CD enjoyed it as well. Wish there were a few more of them.
It's a "well said Tony"  about a random disconnected discussion breaking out about anti semitism,  but that does not apply when the discussion is germane to a critique of the tv program.
When its tied to what the show purports,  it's then an important part of a constructive critical discussion about an important glaring obvious fault in an otherwise very decent show.

nrico2006

The mid season finale of Walking Dead was very good, but for too long they have been stuck in the prison therefore I am glad they are going to be back out on the road again now.  Crazy to see Hershel go (and in the way he did) but was glad to see the Governor get his medicine.  Was also very glad to see that tube in the tank get sorted out.  As long as they don't kill off Hershels daughter Ill be happy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orior

Monday evening's television:

Father Ted - The stolen whistle episode. One of the funniest ever.

Republic of Telly - I don't get it. Not funny at all.

Naked Camera - The writers tried, but the setups just weren't funny. All been done before, nothing original.

Come on RTE. You cannot rely on Father Ted forever.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Right, if Brody gets out of this jam then Homeland will become a Sci-Fi show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonah

nrico2006 again making sure none of need to watch any of these shows by telling us everything that happened on them. ::)

nrico2006

You would swear I am the only one talking about the goings on in a show on this thread.  Instead of wasting the effort of exercising your fingers via typing, why not use the head and avoid reading any posts that are related to a show that you are not up to date with.  Thats what anyone with half a brain would do anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jonah

No,anyone with half a brain would write SPOILER ALERT before they post.
It happens on every other forum I'm on from boards.ie to F365 they all have a spoiler alert notice. I can't understand why idiots like yourself don't use it on here.
You are by far the worst offender.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jonah on December 11, 2013, 02:09:35 PM
No,anyone with half a brain would write SPOILER ALERT before they post.
It happens on every other forum I'm on. I can't understand why idiots like yourself don't use it on here.
You are by far the worst offender.

So if someone starts writing about a series finale (that you have yet to watch), you actually read on through the aforementioned paragraph which ultimately leads to a spoiler?  Do you still get someone to press the wee button at the lights and hold your hand when you are crossing the road?

On another note, up to S3 E6 of Game Of Thrones, unbelievable show.  Expected it to be as dull as LOTR, but different quality altogether.

J OGorman

jonah's right

Folk near wet themselves to tell the world whats the latest goings on in a show...STOP IT for the love of god !

PS: can you do 'spoiler' content on this site ie you can hide text the reader has to highlight to read? RAWK has it, good job

Bingo

F365 has the spoiler as does boards etc, maybe Ziggy or one of the other mods can look into it.

I was trying to be discreet on my earlier post on it but nrico tells it as he sees it  :)

Re Homeland - it will be good alright to see him pulling this one off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bingo on December 11, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
F365 has the spoiler as does boards etc, maybe Ziggy or one of the other mods can look into it.

I was trying to be discreet on my earlier post on it but nrico tells it as he sees it  :)

Re Homeland - it will be good alright to see him pulling this one off.

Not a spoiler ;D, said to her last night that it's going to be like a scene from the old Flash Gordon shows, Flash falls off a cliff and there's no way he can survive, following week it's a different scene altogether!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Celt_Man

HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!!

SPOLIER ALERT!!

The Mid-Season of The Walking Dead was fecking unbelievable!!! No one or nothing was safe!!

Can't fecking wait till first week of February or so!!  Yawn Governor boyo is nothing but a pup!!  Although those few episodes in the middle made ya warm to him..

Thought Rick was a goner and the last few scenes before they leave the prison yard.... As I said above - HOLY f**k!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Minder

Thought Borgen III was very good, but the smarmy English fella annoyed the f**k out of me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 18, 2013, 12:17:05 AM
HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!! HOLY f**k!!

SPOLIER ALERT!!

The Mid-Season of The Walking Dead was fecking unbelievable!!! No one or nothing was safe!!

Can't fecking wait till first week of February or so!!  Yawn Governor boyo is nothing but a pup!!  Although those few episodes in the middle made ya warm to him..

Thought Rick was a goner and the last few scenes before they leave the prison yard.... As I said above - HOLY f**k!!
+100
Best show on TV.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.