TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 13, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 13, 2013, 01:49:06 PM
Does anyone watch the Mentalist? I've grown to quite enjoy it, I wonder if this is the last series and Red John's identity will be revealed. My missus is convinced it's Patrick Jane himself!!
Stopped watching it a couple of years ago as it didn't seem to be reaching any conclusion. Might go back to it on your recommendation!

Criminal Minds is another we used to never miss and haven't watched for ages.

Since Gideon left it hasn't been as good along with the fact the show follows basically the same format week after week (much like CSI, House and a few others). I stopped watching after season 7.

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on November 13, 2013, 03:24:33 PM
Does anyone watch the Mentalist? I've grown to quite enjoy it, I wonder if this is the last series and Red John's identity will be revealed. My missus is convinced it's Patrick Jane himself!!
Stopped watching it a couple of years ago as it didn't seem to be reaching any conclusion. Might go back to it on your recommendation!

Since Gideon left it hasn't been as good along with the fact the show follows basically the same format week after week (much like CSI, House and a few others). I stopped watching after season 7.

What did you think of the ending of House?
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Aye the missus said it wasn't as good after he left to work for the CIA..

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2013, 04:28:31 PM

What did you think of the ending of House?

It was alright I guess, a bit too much of a happy ending for my liking but I've seen worse endings to series'. To be fair I was just watching it to finishe it really.

I'm a bit the same with Dexter as I've yet to see the last 3 episodes of it either. I will at some stage but this season hasn't been very good which is why I've lost interest but I still want to finish it.

Main Street

Worth recording, a highly recommended/rated documentary on Sky Atlantic 1am  The Act of Killing
http://www.radiotimes.com/film/cp5jcm/the-act-of-killing

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2013, 09:13:27 PM
Worth recording, a highly recommended/rated documentary on Sky Atlantic 1am  The Act of Killing
Thanks sir. Surprised this is on tv already.

ballinaman

Generation War tonight on RTE2 looks like it could be very good. Got huge ratings when it was shown in Germany earlier in the year. Subtitle warning for those who don't like foreign shows or movies though.

ziggy90

Missed that MS, do you know if/when it's repeated?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

CD

Quote from: ballinaman on November 17, 2013, 06:56:32 PM
Generation War tonight on RTE2 looks like it could be very good. Got huge ratings when it was shown in Germany earlier in the year. Subtitle warning for those who don't like foreign shows or movies though.

Anyone watch this one - taped it and wondering if it's worth getting into!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: CD on November 18, 2013, 09:18:38 AM

Anyone know if its being repeated this week?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ballinaman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 18, 2013, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: CD on November 18, 2013, 09:18:38 AM

Anyone know if its being repeated this week?
It's due to be on BBC soon, probably next weekend. It's on RTE player now.

Thought it was excellent. Well worth a look.

screenexile

Can someone confirm if ProjectFreeTV is down?? I'm getting the "Error-site blocked" message and wondering if it's just work has blocked it or BT!

www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/episodes/

This copyright clamp down could be a major problem for me!

Before I get any smartass comments I stream the shows at work before I leave so I can watch them at home where I can't get proper internet!

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 18, 2013, 08:41:47 AM

Missed that MS, do you know if/when it's repeated?
That would be beyond my scope.
Heres a link to download it, in 2 parts.
http://ul.to/ikuw6l61
http://ul.to/tqd8qr4z

Canalman

Watched last night the  first couple of episodes of US House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. Excellent so far and on a par with the earlier English version which I also liked.

Dexter S6 so far is enjoyable enough. By right this programme should be dung but it is actually imo very good. Maybe it is Miami summery setting that makes the series.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Canalman on November 28, 2013, 09:36:13 AM
Watched last night the  first couple of episodes of US House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. Excellent so far and on a par with the earlier English version which I also liked.

Dexter S6 so far is enjoyable enough. By right this programme should be dung but it is actually imo very good. Maybe it is Miami summery setting that makes the series.

Dexter is very good and it's hard to understand why - hammy acting, poor characterisation, daft scripts and the annoying background monologue from Dexter.  I've been enthralled since day-one, but Mrs Boots switched off years ago. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...