TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic Fool

I was disappointed with the ending although I think the meaning of the last scene wasn't that nidge has lost it more that he was releasing all the stress that has been building up over the weeks!

Season 5 should be better

Under Lights

Season 3 of BBC's Sherlock is expected at the end of December. The last we seen of Sherlock he had fallen to his apparent death. Looking forward to seeing how he survived. Brilliant casting in this show.

Denn Forever

Thankfully Moriarty never seems to die.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

I thought Sunday's Love/Hate was a disappointing end to an under-par series. Too many untidy narratives poorly resolved. Fcuk im.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on November 11, 2013, 05:18:39 PM
I thought Sunday's Love/Hate was a disappointing end to an under-par series. Too many untidy narratives poorly resolved. Fcuk im.

Hope to watch the season finale tonight, but overall I would say this is the weakest season yet.

Tuffy

Quote from: screenexile on November 11, 2013, 09:39:36 AM
Thought it was a terrible ending myself... didn't really see the point in it. What was the point of the bit at the end? Nidge has lost it? Really disappointed in that it was well set up!

I thought the final scenes last night was to do with Nidge going to the cop shop coked up to his eye balls & basically rubbing the cops noses in it (i.e. they know he's importing large amounts of drugs & here he is high as a kite & yet all they could charge him with is a public order offence). It showed a good reflection of his character till the very end. That's what I took it to be anyways!

The fact they're making a 5th series means the writers were somewhat caught between a rock & a hard place as to how to finish it last night - kill a few main characters / have a dramatic conclusion & round season 4 off on a high or hold onto them to keep interest in season 5!

Very hard to beat Season 3 no matter what they did!

FermPundit

Borgen returns on BBC Four this Saturday night with a double episode. I bought the first two seasons a few months ago. It is a superb show!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Minder

Quote from: FermPundit on November 12, 2013, 10:01:57 PM
Borgen returns on BBC Four this Saturday night with a double episode. I bought the first two seasons a few months ago. It is a superb show!

Didn't think Season 2 was a a good as the first one but it's top drawer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

For those who are years behind TV shows, like myself, just finished HBO's Rome on Netflix.

Trying to pick something that both of us can watch usually requires Middle-Eastern level negotiations, but this was one we both liked right from the start. Very enjoyable.
MWWSI 2017

Don Johnson

Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2013, 11:21:46 PM
For those who are years behind TV shows, like myself, just finished HBO's Rome on Netflix.

Trying to pick something that both of us can watch usually requires Middle-Eastern level negotiations, but this was one we both liked right from the start. Very enjoyable.

Rome is a great show, think it was cancelled as the budget was getting too high.

The latest series of Boardwalk Empire really is shaping up nicely, two episodes to go, all set for a war now.

Anyone on here watch 'The League'? It is an excellent comedy about a fantasy football (NFL) league between a group of family and friends. Some hilarious stuff in it. Need to get the newest episodes of it and It's Always Sunny downloaded.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 13, 2013, 09:50:21 AM

Rome is a great show, think it was cancelled as the budget was getting too high.

The latest series of Boardwalk Empire really is shaping up nicely, two episodes to go, all set for a war now.

Anyone on here watch 'The League'? It is an excellent comedy about a fantasy football (NFL) league between a group of family and friends. Some hilarious stuff in it. Need to get the newest episodes of it and It's Always Sunny downloaded.

Big fan of Boardwalk although havent seen the latest series.

Bought Homeland last week. First few episodes seem decent though not generally the biggest fan of CIA/FBI type shows. Is it worth pursuing??

nrico2006

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Boardwalk Empire season 4 and not been impressed so far.  Been watching the Blacklist which has been good so far, with Person Of Interest also back on too.  The Walking Dead is not hitting the heights either. 

Nearly caught up on Game of Thrones then the next shows on the list are Homeland and Breaking Bad.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 13, 2013, 09:50:21 AM

Anyone on here watch 'The League'? It is an excellent comedy about a fantasy football (NFL) league between a group of family and friends. Some hilarious stuff in it.
Need to get the newest episodes of it and It's Always Sunny downloaded.

Really good comedy I love it... the new series is excellent again!

Watched season 1 of Borgen there the last few days... superb stuff I wouldn't say it's better than the West Wing because it does miss that element of fun in it but it's very well written and acted. Kind of a cross between West Wing and The Newsroom I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it.

BennyHarp

Does anyone watch the Mentalist? I've grown to quite enjoy it, I wonder if this is the last series and Red John's identity will be revealed. My missus is convinced it's Patrick Jane himself!!
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 13, 2013, 01:49:06 PM
Does anyone watch the Mentalist? I've grown to quite enjoy it, I wonder if this is the last series and Red John's identity will be revealed. My missus is convinced it's Patrick Jane himself!!
Stopped watching it a couple of years ago as it didn't seem to be reaching any conclusion. Might go back to it on your recommendation!

Criminal Minds is another we used to never miss and haven't watched for ages.