TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2013, 11:17:01 AM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 16, 2013, 11:13:51 AM
London Irish was great again last night. Best comedy since the inbetweeners.

"What do you call that place? It's exactly like Ireland except it's completely different."
"Scotland?"
"That's the one!"

Right you're on the wind up here . . . that line's not even a small bit funny!!

Next you're going to ask the BBC to bring back Give my Head Peace and the Kumars at no. 42!!

watched 10 mins of this turd last night as the wife told me one of the writers is from Derry. Awful

Minder

Quote from: Bingo on October 16, 2013, 11:30:29 AM
Homeland very dark last night. Some may be watching on Channel 4 so won't give too much away but this season at shown everyone at rock bottom so far, will last night be a turning point and begin to see people rise again?

I thought last nights episode was really plodding and boring, a really weak one compared to previous ones.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on October 16, 2013, 11:37:16 AM

"What do you call that place? It's exactly like Ireland except it's completely different."
"Scotland?"
"That's the one!"

Next you're going to ask the BBC to bring back Give my Head Peace and the Kumars at no. 42!!

watched 10 mins of this turd last night as the wife told me one of the writers is from Derry. Awful

Which is exactly like Glasgow except it is completely different.
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2013, 11:40:30 AM
Homeland very dark last night. Some may be watching on Channel 4 so won't give too much away but this season at shown everyone at rock bottom so far, will last night be a turning point and begin to see people rise again?

I thought last nights episode was really plodding and boring, a really weak one compared to previous ones.

Did you? I found it far better than previous ones. Better than Dana's problems or Caire losing the plot. Enjoyed the fact only the two main players where in view for the whole show, bar these two no one had appeared on screen before.

The wheel has come full circle for them.

Main Street

"Scotland?"
"That's the one!"

I laughed at it,
one that's easy to remember, corny but flexible enough to have survived about 50 years in various formats.
I don't know the show though.

Asal Mor

Love/Hate is awesome. Didn't think much of the first series with Darren brooding about his love life but have recently been watching Series 3 and 4 and it's gripping stuff. Nidge and Fran are hilarious at times too. I loved Breaking Bad but I'm enjoying Love/Hate even more.

gallsman

I've finally caught up on Breaking Bad. Thoroughly enjoying it (8 eps to go) but don't think it deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as The Wire, Sopranos or Deadwood.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Bingo on October 16, 2013, 01:01:48 PM

Did you? I found it far better than previous ones. Better than Dana's problems or Caire losing the plot. Enjoyed the fact only the two main players where in view for the whole show, bar these two no one had appeared on screen before.

Homeland just seems to be static at the moment, i find myself clock watching when it's on!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 16, 2013, 03:37:19 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 16, 2013, 01:01:48 PM

Homeland just seems to be static at the moment, i find myself clock watching when it's on!

Aye, it's just been padding so far.

Love/Hate has really upped it's game, excellent couple of episodes so far. Some great put downs from Nidge, Fran and Aido. This season has been heavily influenced by The Wire so far. If we see a character in the mould of Fuzzy Dunlop though it'll be stretching it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

JimStynes

Anyone watched the recent Boardwalk Empire episodes? Hasnt been much talk about it lately.

Think I am going to get stuck into 'The Shield' soon. Been hearing great things about it.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on October 16, 2013, 05:30:33 PM
Anyone watched the recent Boardwalk Empire episodes? Hasnt been much talk about it lately.

Think I am going to get stuck into 'The Shield' soon. Been hearing great things about it.
The Shield is a roller coaster journey, it manages to avoid looking like the story was patched together/contrived as an afterthought, as the series progresses. It's a high octane thrill, no great depth but there's no pretence that it has any, it just has a tempo beating away for 6 series and doesn't stop until the final scene in final episode.

Minder

Anyone watch The Tunnel tonight on Sky Atlantic? Dunno if I will bother with the rest of it as I have seen The Bridge last year on BBC4

laoislad

The Walking Dead back with a good first episode to start off season 4.

Between that and Homeland and Revolution starting back also I have plenty to be watching.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AFS

I'm watching it. I still enjoy it, loads of great characters. But I don't think it'll ever get back to the heights of the first couple of series.

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2013, 10:22:29 PM
Anyone watch The Tunnel tonight on Sky Atlantic? Dunno if I will bother with the rest of it as I have seen The Bridge last year on BBC4

Heard a fella on the radio say that if you'd seen the original then not to bother with the new one. Supposed to be a carbon copy, only in a different location.

Minder

Quote from: AFS on October 17, 2013, 12:34:04 AM

I'm watching it. I still enjoy it, loads of great characters. But I don't think it'll ever get back to the heights of the first couple of series.

Quote from: Minder on October 16, 2013, 10:22:29 PM

Heard a fella on the radio say that if you'd seen the original then not to bother with the new one. Supposed to be a carbon copy, only in a different location.

Aye it seems to be a carbon copy, right down to the journalist in the jeep with the bomb rigged to it.