TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Should be called London Nordie Irish.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AFS

Quote from: deiseach on October 09, 2013, 03:09:34 PM
If you've been watching Breaking Bad, you probably have Netflix. If so, watch Archer. DANGER ZONE!

I second this recommendation.

Tony Baloney

Dan Snow's History of Congo on BBC2 is good. What a hellhole.

ONeill

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 09, 2013, 02:54:22 PM
Are you telling me you didn't laugh when the da on skype said he strangled the mouse and the taxi driver talked about keeping a brick handy or when the boy refrained from slitting his wrists when they said they'd phone his ma?

I don't know but I think it's the best comedy around at the minute.

That post was funnier than the entire show. Well done.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 09, 2013, 09:46:09 PM
Dan Snow's History of Congo on BBC2 is good. What a hellhole.

Very interesting stuff on how the western powers, Portuguese initially broke up the existing, well established democracy to enable them to get the best, disease resistance slaves to the coast. Then the Belgians just kept up that modus operandi for the minerals etc, etc, till you have the militia mess we see now.

FYI the US have passed legislation in relation to 'conflict minerals' sourced in DRC where these minerals used in the electronics industry are making their way to factories in SE Asia. Any US based company has to prove that none of its products use these conflict minerals which ultimately are funding the militias.

Not sure how successful its going to be though.

Canalman

Watched some crazy motorbike stunts competition last night. Was in the bullring in Madrid and these guys were doing motorbike stunts from ramp to ramp up in the air. Pretty ballsy stuff alright. They even were letting go of the handles of the bikes for a while in the middle of the stunts.

Very brave guys.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: ONeill on September 18, 2013, 04:34:41 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 18, 2013, 08:00:25 AM
Started watching Arrested Development last week. It's a good show with plenty of laughs.

Yep - good laugh. The first 3 seasons were clinkers - the final one (7 years later) wasn't great.

I see what you mean. It was a bit painful to watch sometimes

charlieTully

watched extras again recently, laugh out loud funny.

Orior

About to start now on BBC4 - Only Connect.

Hosted by the thinking man's totti - Victoria Coren Mitchell.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

On benifits and proud!! These people are full of shite!! Your woman will only work if she has £500 a week in her hand after shes paid her bills!! Who wouldn't ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winghalfun

Somebody told me about a cookery show on the food channel called 'Bitchin Kitchen'. Watched it and now am hooked.

Google some of it on youtube and see what I mean.

theskull1

Was channel hopping my way up to babe station and hit on the 1927 silent film Metropolis..... great stuff all together
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

OakleafCounty

London Irish was great again last night. Best comedy since the inbetweeners.

"What do you call that place? It's exactly like Ireland except it's completely different."
"Scotland?"
"That's the one!"

screenexile

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 16, 2013, 11:13:51 AM
London Irish was great again last night. Best comedy since the inbetweeners.

"What do you call that place? It's exactly like Ireland except it's completely different."
"Scotland?"
"That's the one!"

Right you're on the wind up here . . . that line's not even a small bit funny!!

Next you're going to ask the BBC to bring back Give my Head Peace and the Kumars at no. 42!!

Bingo

Homeland very dark last night. Some may be watching on Channel 4 so won't give too much away but this season at shown everyone at rock bottom so far, will last night be a turning point and begin to see people rise again?