TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

If you download Hola unblocker it will allow you to play content up North.

Source: Me. In the North.

front of the mountain

Quote from: Under Lights on October 08, 2013, 01:26:20 PM
If you download Hola unblocker it will allow you to play content up North.

Source: Me. In the North.

Good man, looking forward to trying it tonite!! Cheers

front of the mountain

Just came across this site currently watching start of Breaking Bad for the 1st time & Game of Thrones Season 3. Seems good quality and plenty of shows on it:

http://tvonline.cc/

reddgnhand

Have started watching House of Cards on netflicks since BB ended. It's good Spacey is excellent in it.

Harold Disgracey

Watching The Day I Got My Sight Back on BBC, absolutely fascinating.

OakleafCounty

I thought London Irish was hilarious last night. I laughed from start to finish.

screenexile

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 09, 2013, 01:08:35 PM
I thought London Irish was hilarious last night. I laughed from start to finish.

I'm mystified by that. I gave it a chance and cleared my head but wasn't able to crack even the slightest of smiles. I just find them all ridiculously annoying and not likeable in any way.

OakleafCounty

Are you telling me you didn't laugh when the da on skype said he strangled the mouse and the taxi driver talked about keeping a brick handy or when the boy refrained from slitting his wrists when they said they'd phone his ma?

I don't know but I think it's the best comedy around at the minute.

deiseach

If you've been watching Breaking Bad, you probably have Netflix. If so, watch Archer. DANGER ZONE!

screenexile

Quote from: OakleafCounty on October 09, 2013, 02:54:22 PM
Are you telling me you didn't laugh when the da on skype said he strangled the mouse and the taxi driver talked about keeping a brick handy or when the boy refrained from slitting his wrists when they said they'd phone his ma?

I don't know but I think it's the best comedy around at the minute.

I didn't... maybe it's just me! I can't f**king stand Mrs. Brown's Boys either and it's a huge hit comedy but I guess I just have different taste.

I've heard this "The Wrong Mans" is supposed to be very good so I'll maybe give that a rattle over the next while.

London Irish is being confined to the bin for though too much over acting, annoying characters and not a lot of laughs in it for me.

whiskeysteve

Im with my screen compadre on this one, both annoying as a kick to the balls and in the case of london irish, what little ive seen of it has been a bit embarrassing too.

Tend to hate all 'norn iron' comedy characters on TV - typically they are deep as a puddle, possess a pantomime Belfast scowl and invariably deliver a clunky collection of cutting lines from the big book of 'norn iron' slang. To revert to my own cliched regional descriptive - it would sicken your hole
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Canalman

Chatting recently to a mate now working in London. Said he is amazed by the amount of  work colleagues coming up to him to chat about Mrs Brown's Boys. They think it is hilarious.

Also saw that programme last night about the director John Boorman. Very good insight into the man. Never knew he lived in Ireland.

Bingo

Homeland has got off to a slow start but can see the pace picking up next few episodes when your man makes a re-appearance and Carie gets her head right. Saul likely get her onside again with your Peter fella "off the books".

No Soloing

London Irish is absolute toilet. It would be the worst 'comedy' of recent years if it wasnt for that Jason Byrne muck, Father Figure.

Anyone who watches Mrs Brown's Boys needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

Tony Baloney

London Irish is no Pullin' Moves.