TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2013, 01:00:58 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 25, 2013, 09:26:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 25, 2013, 01:12:09 AM
Oh man. This is very literally the best final season I have ever seen. The cinematography and scoring is absolutely stunning. So many moments in Granite State alone. The bar scene with Elliott and Gretchen on the screen, it just drew you right back into Walt's world. Time for the swansong.

Maybe Walt just has the ricin as a fail-safe in case he's captured? It would almost be fitting that it's what kills him after bringing this world down on top of himself and his family. Walt can probably work out the Nazis are holding Jesse now that he knows the blue is back at such a high purity after all the trouble they were having raising it only a few months ago.

What does this mean?  ::)

Think I may put Breaking Bad above The Wire now.

It means it looks good and sounds good ... Feckin posh Rossies what have they got to be posh about?

Always liked the scenes shot out in the desert. Dunno about this final season though, not the same with everything out in the open. Too much action for my liking, which sounds weird, but compare say with the end of Sopranos - no full scale blood-bath or huge trials etc.

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 26, 2013, 01:34:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 25, 2013, 06:55:28 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 25, 2013, 10:25:37 AM
Ray Donovan is nearing the end of season 1, very good show so far.
Thankfully left it on series link and have been watching it steadily over the past week or so. Have to say I really like it, no fireworks but good characters. Is there a second series coming?

Think there is a second season coming.  Been a slow enough season with no major fireworks and a lot of character building which would lend it to progressing to more major story lines in future seasons.  Boardwalk Empire was pretty similar in season 1, it was all about establishing the characters and their relationships. 

As for the Irish show on Channel 4, what is unrealistic about Irish women swearing a lot and being slags?  You must live in a different Ireland than me. 

Jim - you mustn't have watched 24 before, still numero uno.

Didn't like it Rico, stopped after 2 seasons. Just couldn't get into and that clock noise that comes on was doing my head in.

Tony Baloney

Any cnut watching Breaking Bad in US can keep out of this thread with their spoilers.

ONeill

Any cnut watching Breaking Bad not in US can keep out of this thread.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on September 29, 2013, 11:16:57 AM
Any cnut watching Breaking Bad not in US can keep out of this thread.

Bounce bitches!
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Breaking Bad....YES! Watched it at 7am before work this morning.

muppet

Quote from: ballinaman on September 30, 2013, 02:05:36 PM
Breaking Bad....YES! Watched it at 7am before work this morning.

Just finished.

Brilliant!

That is all for now.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Hardy

Brilliant is right.

Minor question - not a spoiler, I think - why leave the watch at the filling station?

The Worker

Quote from: Hardy on September 30, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
Brilliant is right.

Minor question - not a spoiler, I think - why leave the watch at the filling station?

It was a schwarz watch.

Orior

Miss World is on the E! Entertainment channel on cable (Channel 156 on Virgin Media)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

Quote from: The Worker on September 30, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
Brilliant is right.

It was a schwarz watch.

Didn't catch that. Still seems a bit of a strange thing to do.

Minder

Brilliant is right.

Glad it ended that way
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Worker

Can't believe Walt junior died

ONeill

I didn't think it was a brilliant ending - a tying up of narratives I suppose. The best episode was the third last. It sorta freewheeled from there as that's all they had to do.