TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Try not to spoil here - but was that phonecall between Walt and the missus manufactured by him to absolve her from all blame, knowing it was probably tapped?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2013, 12:03:25 AM
Try not to spoil here - but was that phonecall between Walt and the missus manufactured by him to absolve her from all blame, knowing it was probably tapped?

Definitely, the slow realisation on her face as the call went on.........
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Yes. 100%.

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on September 17, 2013, 12:04:19 AM

Just watched it there before I opened this thread. Of course I was too dumb to realise what was going on, but that's it for sure, now that you point it out. Powerful, disturbing, brilliant stuff in this episode.

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on September 17, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

Just watched it there before I opened this thread. Of course I was too dumb to realise what was going on, but that's it for sure, now that you point it out. Powerful, disturbing, brilliant stuff in this episode.

Just watched it there too, things have unravelled at a rate of knots, as they were always going to.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DownFanatic

Could Breaking Bad be regarded as the best TV series ever made?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 17, 2013, 11:37:24 PM
It could easily be but with no real measure other than popular opinion. As Dalton says "opinions vary".

All of a Sludden

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 17, 2013, 11:37:24 PM

Only by people who haven't watched The Wire.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

el_cuervo_fc

Started watching Arrested Development last week. It's a good show with plenty of laughs.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2013, 09:59:09 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 17, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

Just watched it there too, things have unravelled at a rate of knots, as they were always going to.
That was some episode
I think that scene on the phone to Skylar is one of the best yet
2 episodes to go, and god knows how it will finish
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

There is always calls for this show and that being the best ever when they are reaching the end.  I have watched a lot of shows but I would have to say the best I have ever watched is 24.  Nearly every episode produced a twist leaving you wanting to watch another and another.  I actually had a doll return them after season 4 telling me she didn't want season 5 as it was taking over her and her husbands lives, coming home from work, closing the blinds and watching episodes to 2 or 3 in the morning. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ludermor

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 18, 2013, 08:24:05 AM
There is always calls for this show and that being the best ever when they are reaching the end.  I have watched a lot of shows but I would have to say the best I have ever watched is 24.  Nearly every episode produced a twist leaving you wanting to watch another and another.  I actually had a doll return them after season 4 telling me she didn't want season 5 as it was taking over her and her husbands lives, coming home from work, closing the blinds and watching episodes to 2 or 3 in the morning.
If they started watching at 7 in the evening they would have a whole series watched in 3-4 days, it cant have taken up that much of their of their lives.

muppet

I know I shouldn't......but.......Why?
MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Quote from: ludermor on September 18, 2013, 09:23:16 AM
If they started watching at 7 in the evening they would have a whole series watched in 3-4 days, it cant have taken up that much of their of their lives.

I'm sure after 2 or 3 weeks of this you would feel like its a bit much.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J OGorman

The Wire and BB are quare shows, I'd also have Deadwood and Boardwalk up along side them as the best I've watched. Still praying for a Deadwood return.