TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Under ther Dome, load of c**p.

This is a class novel though.

nrico2006

Under the Dome has been pretty poor so far, no real revelations etc.  You could basically say that if you started watching it this week you would be no further educated in the happenings of the show than somebody who has watched every episode.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2013, 10:26:44 AM
Been scouring Sky On Demand for the Game Of Thrones box set the past few months to no avail, was nearly going to buy them when low and behold I was flicking about on Sunday night and saw an episode about to start on Sky Atlantic and it was S1E1, happy days.  Series link on.  Hopefully its as good as its made out to be.  When is Boardwalk Empire back on in the UK?
Same as that nrico. The missus has been crying about it this past while too and also stumbled upon it on Sky Atlantic. I'm not good at waiting a week for new episodes so will prob download it at some stage.

laoislad

Under the Dome is ok,nothing special just ok. It's easy watching,i'm about 12 episodes in.

It will do as a filler till Homeland Season 3 starts.Really looking forward to that,hopefully it will be as good as season 2 which was a cracker.

Still enjoying Graceland which I think is great and just started season 3 of Hell on Wheels which is excellent.
I have Continuum Season 2 to watch as well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ballinaman on September 09, 2013, 09:18:24 PM
Latest episode of Breaking Bad...absolute b**tards...what a way to finish an episode! Sake

Breaking Bad has been superb since it came back in season 5. I was preparing myself to be let down a bit as I didnt think it could be sustained but the latest episode that I watched last night was just great TV.
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 10, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 09, 2013, 09:18:24 PM
Latest episode of Breaking Bad...absolute b**tards...what a way to finish an episode! Sake

Breaking Bad has been superb since it came back in season 5. I was preparing myself to be let down a bit as I didnt think it could be sustained but the latest episode that I watched last night was just great TV.
Unreal stuff...only 3 episodes left, it'll be a sad day when it's over!

Bingo

Looking forward to Homeland and The Walking Dead coming back.

Don't think I could face into Under the Dome. Watched several of these in recent times and they become dull very quickly despite the interesting concept and lively start - Flash Foward, Revenge, Revolution.

Confession - I've never watched Breaking Bad. Keep meaning to but at this stage I'll wait for the complete box set and work through it.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bingo on September 10, 2013, 02:55:43 PM
Confession - I've never watched Breaking Bad. Keep meaning to but at this stage I'll wait for the complete box set and work through it.
Get on it!
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/tv-show-breaking-bad-breaks-guinness-record-for-critical-acclaim-1.1521441

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on September 10, 2013, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 10, 2013, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 10, 2013, 02:55:43 PM
Get on it!
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/tv-show-breaking-bad-breaks-guinness-record-for-critical-acclaim-1.1521441

Never heard of it.
It's like a mixture of Flash Forward and Lost....tis grand like.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2013, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2013, 10:26:44 AM
Been scouring Sky On Demand for the Game Of Thrones box set the past few months to no avail, was nearly going to buy them when low and behold I was flicking about on Sunday night and saw an episode about to start on Sky Atlantic and it was S1E1, happy days.  Series link on.  Hopefully its as good as its made out to be.  When is Boardwalk Empire back on in the UK?
Same as that nrico. The missus has been crying about it this past while too and also stumbled upon it on Sky Atlantic. I'm not good at waiting a week for new episodes so will prob download it at some stage.

There is 2 on every Sunday which is grand at the minute considering the number of other shows I am watching.  That woman of yours will soon be looking the GOT off the TV if the dirt in it is as bad as I have heard.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Second Captains live is off to a great start...hope it gets a series.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: ballinaman on September 10, 2013, 11:10:58 PM

It has been good. O'Gara was funny. Can you hear the whispering?
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Tubberman

A bit rough around the edges but a good watch alright. Missed the start cos I was watching latest episode of breaking bad.
Needed some relaxing viewing after that!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 10, 2013, 11:18:33 PM

It has been good. O'Gara was funny. Can you hear the whispering?
Yep, bit rough as Tubberman said. I was at the pilot of it, sound lads. Hopefully it'll do well, definitely and appetite for this kind of show I think!